Technology - Java Developer - Cloud Inventory System Developer - Analyst, Warsaw
- Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 17 Dec 17 2017-12-17
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB TECHNOLOGY
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Your Impact:
We are looking for talented and energetic Java developers to help design and implement the new generation of our inventory system which is integral to large parts of our cloud and technology infrastructure, used by thousands of users across our engineering organization. The role will allow you to gain an understanding of cloud technologies and concepts as well as an understanding of the firm's technology infrastructure. The successful candidate will participate in all phases of a project life cycle and work with extremely bright and motivated individuals, who focus on Java development and strive for continuous process improvement.
How will you fulfill your potential:
• Participate in design, build out, and maintenance of a distributed, multi-region, scalable, resilient, and firmwide application inventory system.
• Participate in design and implementation of consolidating multiple infrastructure inventory systems integral to the backbone of the firm's infrastructure platform
• Collaborate with Platform consumers and the development community at large to analyze and resolve escalations
• Interact with clients from different backgrounds ranging from very technical engineers, to more functional and business facing analysts and managers.
• Goldman Sachs is a meritocracy where you will be given the tools to help you develop your career.
• You will have access to excellent training programs designed to improve multiple facets of your skills portfolio.
• We value internal mobility. The chance to take on new challenges in the firm over time will ensure that you remain stimulated and will help in your continued professional and personal development.
• Hands-on Java developer, with a solid grasp of Java development and testing best practices
• Strong technical skills, analytical mindset, creative, enjoys the challenge of solving interesting and sometimes difficult technical problems.
• Energetic, self-motivated
• Moderate SQL experience on an enterprise RDBMS database - such as DB2 (preferred), Sybase, Oracle, etc.
• Team player, eager to work in a global organization
• Commercially focused; seeks to understand the requirements and how they will benefit our clients, stakeholders, and business
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
• Some experience with designing and building high-throughput, scalable, resilient systems
• Some experience with distributed NoSQL data stores such as ElasticSearch or Mongo a plus
• Some experience or familiarity with building RESTful web services
• Good oral and written communication skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.