Overview About BNY Mellon
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations, or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2021, BNY Mellon had $41.7 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.2 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news. Role overview
The Internal Audit mission is to contribute to the effectiveness of the Company's internal controls by providing independent, risk-based assurance reviews designed to identify control risks, risk mitigants, control gaps, and opportunities to improve efficiency.
The BNY Mellon Internal Audit function has a number of locations internationally across the US, EMEA and APAC regions. Key locations within EMEA include the UK, Belgium, Poland, Ireland, Germany, and Luxembourg.
The position is a role for a Risk Management subject matter expertise (SME) auditor. This role is based in Brussels (Belgium) or Wroclaw (Poland), although the individual will be part of a regional team and participate in audits on an international basis. Responsibilities:
- Participate in audit reviews in the area of risk management, with a focus on climate change and ESG-related risks, treasury and finance from inception to completion.
- Lead smaller audit engagements with increasing responsibilities over time.
- Identify meaningful issues impacting business and operations under review, challenging management to ensure appropriate remedial action has been taken to address the issues identified.
- Maintain global subject matter expertise regarding the EMEA Risk Management, including best practices, key control processes, regulatory requirements, and their application to the Company.
- Provide risk management specific direction and support to audit management and the audit team in general by advising on necessary training and providing support for any regulatory requests.
- Carry out other ad-hoc tasks and projects as directed by audit senior management.
- Represents Internal Audit on projects and at management meetings/committees.
- Travel is limited, but possible.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance or other related field; SCR, FRM, PRM, MBA, CPA, CFA, CIA certifications preferred.
- 5-10 years relevant experience in in audit/ consulting with specific experience in risk management; or experience in a risk or treasury function, with interest in moving into the third line.
- Proven track record of managing and delivering risk-based projects.
- Good knowledge of the financial services industry and its regulations and laws.
- Knowledgeable on good governance practices.
- Fluent in English. Other languages (French, Dutch, Polish or German) are considered an asset.
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)