Assistant Audit Manager - Special Assignments (Data Analytics)
QNB Group, the largest Financial Institution in the Middle East and Africa are looking to hire a Assistant Audit Manager - Special Assignments (Data Analytics), to meet the expansion needs of our office in QNB - Qatar//Doha.
QNB has enjoyed continued success with Net Profits of QAR 10.8 billion (USD3 billion) in 2018 (up by 6%) and increased Total assets to QAR 853 billion (USD 234 billion). The Group now employs over 29,000 employees in 1,200 locations, with an ATM network of more than 4,300 machines. Job Summary:
The responsibility includes conducting strategic data analytics reviews to identify systemic and bank wide issues and to enhance GIAD's contribution to the overall control framework within the QNB Group.
Setting up a Data Analytics function involving liaison with senior management in IT, the Business and Audit. This is a leadership role and candidates will be expected to develop the analytics methodology, contribute insights and creative solutions to analyzing data from a wide portfolio of businesses and systems and upskill other staff. Job Description:
- Compiles and analyses data to support strategic assignments/initiatives of the division.
- Extracts meaningful data/information from relevant systems to support the needs of other audit teams.
- Develop techniques to identify key data issues, missing mandatory data and omissions, in addition, develop comparison analysis that provide powerful indication of errors, manipulations and frauds.
- Developing data extraction and analysis format and readymade reports that can be used by the audit teams during applicable audit assignments.
- Maintains close coordination with relevant business and support departments to ensure that GIAD obtains ready access to data/information required to carry out audit activities.
- End-to end ownership and delivery of advanced analytics projects
- You will be accountable for end-to-end delivery of projects and advanced analytical solutions utilizing advanced analytics tools such as predictive modelling, natural language processing and anomaly detection to deliver strategic outcomes for ES.
- You will deliver insights and effective analytical models to a high quality and in a timely manner, while ensuring they are meaningful to all parties involved. You will also be familiar with working in a fast paced, agile environment and are able to adapt and learn for any given business problem.
- Bachelor degree in commerce, IT, banking or other related disciplines.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience within a bank / Financial Services company in Internal Control/ Audit role, including 3 years in specialist data analytics role.
- Holds relevant professional qualifications such as CIA/ CISA/ CA etc.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV