Head Digital Business Management
Established in 1964 as the country's first Qatari-owned commercial bank, QNB Group has steadily grown to become the largest bank in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region.
QNB Group's presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies extends to more than 31 countries across three continents providing a comprehensive range of advanced products and services. The total number of employees is more than 28,000 serving up to 20 million customers operating through 1,000 locations, with an ATM network of 4,300 machines.
QNB has maintained its position as one of the highest rated regional banks from leading credit rating agencies including Standard & Poor's (A), Moody's (Aa3) and Fitch (A+). The Bank has also been the recipient of many awards from leading international specialised financial publications.
Based on the Group's consistent strong financial performance and its expanding international presence, QNB currently ranks as the most valuable bank brand in the Middle East and Africa, according to Brand Finance Magazine.
QNB Group has an active community support program and sponsors various social, educational and sporting events. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Shareholder & Financial:
- Develop and maintain Digital Business products and services encompassing the bank's product and services.
- Implement the customer experience, approach, and embrace digitization into all customer related processes and channels to improve customer experience. Formulate a customer focused multichannel strategy and transform the customer engagements from conventional channels into digital channels.
- Work closely with Partnerships and Third Party Relations division establishing key and strategic partnerships in multiple sectors of the markets to extend the value chain across different industries with an aim of increasing customer acquisition and retention and improve customer value.
- Develop and implement self-service strategies in conjunction with the Group Head Retail Digital Business to achieve the required targets in customers, transactions, and revenue.
- Establish revenue, cost budgets, and ensure the budgets are adhered to, and continuously monitor Digital Business performance.
- Achieve Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for monitoring the performance of Digital Business
- Provide input to Group Head Retail Digital Business on strategies that encompass customer, transaction, education, and marketing strategies for individual or bundled Digital Business, and implement approved strategies.
- Implements KPI's and best practices for Head Digital Business Management
- Promote cost consciousness and efficiency and enhance productivity, to minimise cost, avoid waste, and optimise benefits for the bank.
- Act within the limits of the powers delegated to the incumbent and delegate authority to the respective staff and monitor exercise of the same.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of the important factors behind the bank's financial & non-financial performance.
- Customer (Internal & External):
- Analyze customer and market needs to gauge customer preferences and ensure that the assigned Digital Business products are designed and implemented with the customer in mind.
- Design and implement customer awareness and promotional programs to keep the customer engaged.
- Ensure optimal availability of the assigned Digital Business products to maximize retail sales and service delivery and thereby facilitate the achievement of the retail banking volume, revenue, and profit targets.
- Implement a continuous learning and knowledge programs raise staff awareness and proficiency, in order to be able to provide better customer support.
- Undertake various process transformation initiatives in order to enhance operating processes with the objective of improving efficiency, customer service and cost of delivery through digitization.
- Build internal acquisition programs to maximize staff buy-in into the assigned Digital Business products.
- Understand and act upon the researches on latest trends and advancements in the digital touchpoints services and integrate required enhancements into business plans
- Capture bank wide business requirements (Group Retail, International branches) and align the assigned Digital Business products & services with bank's business targets and objectives.
- Seek the development and expansion of the partner network to grow the value added services to maximize customer convenience and penetration.
- Analyze customer behavior and trends to formulate retention strategies to minimize attrition and grow the customer base
- To assist customers in all their queries on Bank's product and seek solution to their requests.
- Maintain activities in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with internal departments/units to achieve improvements in turn-around time.
- Build and maintain strong/effective relationships with related departments/units to achieve the Group's objectives.
- Provide timely/accurate data to external/internal Auditors, Compliance, Financial Control and Risk when required.
- Internal (Processes, Products, Regulatory):
- Continuously review and refine processes linked to the assigned Digital Business products & services to achieve end to end integrated Digital Business delivery.
- Lead the team responsible for implementing the assigned Digital Business products & Services projects. Oversee development of best in class online servicing platform, working in conjunction with delivery partners.
- Understand and act upon the competitive research by DCoE to evaluate local, regional and international the assigned Digital Business products standards within other banks and provide input on the Digital Business roadmap to Group Head Retail Digital Business.
- Strive to continuously improve the retail digital offerings to gain competitive advantage.
- Ensure processes are in place for the new digital services initiatives launched, including the smooth launch of the same, and that the same comply with the applicable internal policies and external regulations, if any.
- Drive migration of transaction volumes from branches to the assigned Digital Business products & services to achieve transaction migration targets, which will also facilitate conduct of branch operations through progressive reduction in their processing workloads.
- Compile and present MIS pertaining to usage of the assigned Digital Business products and the resulting revenue earned/ costs incurred on periodic basis for the Group Head Retail Digital Business.
- Train all front end staff, such as branches, the customer care center, and sales channels about the features/characteristics and benefits of the products developed to promote internal awareness.
- Hold meetings with subordinates/ officers on periodic basis to assess their performance, discuss, and resolve their concerns / issues, if any.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Set examples by leading improvement initiatives through cross-functional teams ensuring successes.
- Identify and encourage people to adopt practices better than the industry standard.
- Continuously encourage and recognise the importance of thinking out-of-the-box within the team.
- Encourage, solicit and reward innovative ideas even in day-to-day issues.
- Learning & Knowledge:
- Possess a superior knowledge of the assigned Digital Business products & services and the related risks together with a good knowledge of digital operations and control.
- Proactively identify areas for professional development of self and undertake development activities.
- Seek out opportunities to remain current with all developments in professional field.
- Provide leadership and direction to the subordinates towards achievement of strategic and department business objectives
- Hold meetings with staff and assess their performance and your teams overall performance on a regular basis.
- Take decisive action to ensure speedy resolution of unresolved grievances or conflicts within the team members.
- Legal, Regulatory, and Risk Framework Responsibilities:
- Comply with all applicable legal, regulatory and internal compliance requirements including, but not limited to, Group Compliance Policies and Procedures (AML & CTF, Sanctions Policy, Data Protection Policy, Fraud Control Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy, Conflict of Interest and Insider Dealing Policy).
- Understand and effectively perform your role under the Three Lines of Defence principle to identify measure, monitor, manage and report risks.
- Ensure systematic good outcomes for clients in accordance with Conduct Risk policy.
- Support the framework of RCSA, KRI, Incident reporting and remediation, as appropriate, in accordance with the Operational Risk Management requirements.
- Maintain appropriate knowledge to ensure full qualification to undertake the role.
- Complete all mandatory training provided by the Bank, attain, and maintain the required levels of competence.
- Attend mandatory (internal and external) seminars as instructed by the Bank.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Ensure high standards of data protection and confidentiality to safeguard commercially sensitive information.
- Maintaining utmost confidentiality concerning customer and internal bank information obtained during the course of business and provide such information on a need to know basis only to Senior Management of QNB, Audit and Compliance functions, and relevant Regulators.
- Maintain high professional standards to uphold QNB's reputation and to strengthen its market leadership position.
- All other ad hoc duties/activities related to QNB that management might request from time to time.
- University graduate preferably with a Major in Marketing, Banking, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Business Administration. Masters or MBA degree in relevant field is preferable.
Required Special Skills:
- At least 12 years of experience in the development/ implementation of the assigned Digital Business products in banking or FMCG, of which at least 3 years in a similar position.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including report writing) in English and Arabic.
- Proficiency in product development and management.
- Superior knowledge of self-service applications and technologies.
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Good sales/ marketing and finance background.
- Ability to expand ideas across to a diverse/ disparate audience and have them implement the same.
- Understanding of the relevant laws, regulations, and practices.
- Ability to make decisions and follow through with initiatives.
- Personal integrity and self-management.
- Planning, organizing, and analytical ability.
- Results oriented.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of management.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV