Head of Correspondent Banking
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Doha, Dawhah, Qatar
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Qatar National Bank (QNB)
- Updated on: 22 May 18
QNB Group, the biggest bank in Qatar, and a leading financial institution in the Middle East and Africa, is looking to hire a Head of Correspondent Banking, to meet the requirements of the expansion of its office in QNB - Qatar//Doha.
QNB Group's presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies now extends to more than 30 countries across 3 continents, providing a comprehensive range of products and services. The total number of staff is more than 28,000 operating from over 1200 locations.
The incumbent will be responsible on overseeing and supervising the global relationships with Financial Institutions and directing the correspondent banking relationships while adhering to the Bank's global and international strategy.
- To position the bank as the first choice in the correspondent banking business.
- To leverage the bank's international network and source Vostro Accounts from correspondent banks.
- To Optimize and harmonize QNB inward-outward payments by working closely with Group Operations and Transaction Banking.
- To manage all correspondent banking activities and develop/update proper AML/KYC procedures for banks which have relationships with the business and benchmark it with international best practices.
- To review AML and Compliance on an annual basis for FI Nostro/Vostro Correspondents and do a comprehensive due diligence on all banks with whom QNB has Nostro and Vostro account relationships as well as non-core banks once a year (especially in high risk countries).
- To provide key data to establish and strengthen the bank's core relationship with worldwide correspondent banks and financial institutions.
Main required key competence and Skills:
- Sound knowledge of banking platforms, clearing streams, SWIFT.
- Well-developed understanding of correspondent banking payments and trade businesses.
- Strong knowledge of Treasury and Trade products.
- Working knowledge of Banking policies and ability to identify potential issues to be addressed.
- The ability to work closely with product managers, coverage, Transaction banking and Group Operations teams to structure deals for QNB clients.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- You should possess at least Bachelor degree Masters holderes are preferred.
- To be considered for this role, candidates must possess a graduate degree from an accredited university with solid exposure to Correspondent Banking, Transaction banking, FIG, Compliance and AML and must have over 10 years of banking experience with at least 5 years in FIG in a leading bank.
- Experience with the concept of cross-sell and relationship management are essential. Knowledge of cash management and capital market instruments, syndication and documentation will be crucial .
- Excellent English communication, both written and verbal is essential.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV