Head of Governance Audit
QNB Group, the largest Financial Institution in the Middle East and Africa are looking to hire a Head of Governance Audit, to meet the expansion needs of our office in QNB - Qatar//Doha.
QNB has enjoyed continued success with Net Profits of QAR 10.8 billion (USD3 billion) in 2018 (up by 6%) and increased Total assets to QAR 853 billion (USD 234 billion). The Group now employs over 29,000 employees in 1,200 locations, with an ATM network of more than 4,300 machines. Job Summary:
Responsible for the execution and supervision of Governance Audit related functions such as Risk Management (mainly strategic, operational, and legal risk management), Strategy, Compliance and Financial Control, etc. Job Description:
- Identify risks and process inefficiencies related to Governance and related functions that entail probable financial loss or compliance and reputational risks.
- Ensure adequate coverage of the activities performed by the Governance audit functions to provide assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal controls in place within the respective function/area and add value to improve functioning of various activities performed by the concerned division/department.
- Assist in managing the relationship with the Management to obtain their inputs/concerns on the various functions/areas within the concerned department including significant developments therein, which could have an impact on the annual audit plan.
- Provide input to annual audit and risk review plan on the impact of the risks on the goals, objectives and strategy of the Group with respect to Governance Audit functions.
- Implement and execute the approved audit plan and ensure completion of the same within the budgeted time.
- Develop and implement appropriate risk assessment methodology/parameters and criteria to facilitate evaluation of the individual functions/processes/products/activity and related procedures based on the risk involved in the referenced area/ function/activity.
- Oversee on day-to-day basis, the individual audit assignments to ensure that these are being conducted in accordance with the best practices and standards for internal auditing.
- Ensure that the audit planning, fieldwork and reporting stages are conducted in conformity with the procedures/guidelines contained in the internal audit Policy & Procedures.
- Conduct special audits, and if applicable, risk reviews for investigation of problem areas or for certain specific reasons, as and when directed by the superiors.
- Review and adjust audit programs to be aligned with engagement scope and requirements and the related advances in best practices pertaining to the area under review.
- Bachelor degree in either Accounting, Finance, Commerce, Management, Business
- Professional certification or designation such as CIA, CBA, CMA, CPA, CA, ACCA.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in a major bank or leading audit firm with specific Governance related functions audit such as Risk Management, Strategy, Compliance and
Financial Control, etc. of which 5 years in a managerial role.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic (Preferred)
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV