Head of Loyalty and Partnership Management
QNB Group, the largest Financial Institution in the Middle East and Africa are looking to hire a Head of Loyalty and Partnership Management, to meet the expansion needs of our office in QNB - Qatar//Doha.
QNB has enjoyed continued success with Net Profits of QAR 10.8 billion (USD3 billion) in 2018 (up by 6%) and increased Total assets to QAR 853 billion (USD 234 billion). The Group now employs over 29,000 employees in 1,200 locations, with an ATM network of more than 4,300 machines. Role Summary:
The incumbent is primarily responsible for ensuring long term retention & loyalty among QNB customers and will also be responsible for the ongoing renewal and development of a best in class Rewards program with universal menus on the accrual & redemption sides. Role Description:
A. Business Acumen:
- Demonstrate clear understanding of the important factors behind the bank's financial & non-financial performance.
- Display a good understanding of the major economies / relevant geographies in which the Group operates and of those economies that could have an impact on the Group' s business; includes an appreciation of the range of potential outcomes for the Group.
- Take leading role in understanding of external & internal environment (economic, political, social, competitive and regulatory factors) and ensure that the same is captured in business planning process.
- Continuously encourage managers to be sensitive to the market dynamics and engage them in a fruitful dialogue to be able to respond to the market changes speedily.
B. Customer (Internal & External):
- Anticipate customers' needs. Continuously revisit services and products offered in order to differentiate them from competing offerings.
- Encourage and guide people in exceeding set standards.
- Clearly articulate the vision behind customer delight into practical processes and initiatives.
- Deploy and manage customer focused initiatives in order to bring positive cultural change in the organization.
C. Internal (Processes, Products, Regulatory):
- Initiate and maintain positive presence of loyalty branding in the market, through continuous coordination with Group Communication.
- Engage and manage Consultancy resources working to support and deliver the agreed key performance indicator of the program.
- Develop the Loyalty Program Strategies and Targets and ensure they are in line with QNB Retail Bank Strategies and Objectives.
- Ensure effective management of the Retail Cards & Automated Channels budget and that the department's performance is meeting the agreed budget.
- Contribute to the Development of program Vision and leadership to support program operations and enhancements.
- Engage and manage all Third Party Vendors and make good efforts to ensure timely execution.
- Produce and review reports highlighting on performing and non performing reward systems.
- Present a list of options for third party partners to discuss with the AGM, Retail cards and automated channels.
- Assess the efficiency of each partners and reward program based on data provided by the Senior Analyst, Loyalty and Partnership for local and international partners.
- Lead the implementation of Rewards campaigns locally and internationally through coordinating with the Head Client Services in Communications Department to increase customer spending, grow the card portfolio, and take customers past renewal cycles.
- Ensure timely implementation of programs.
- Review quarterly rewards program reports locally and internationally to stress on non performing items and escalate such to the AGM, Retail Cards & Automated Channels.
- Monitor risks applicable to the Rewards Program and take prompt remedial action to mitigate provisioning & contingent liability, reliability & business continuity, liability risk as applicable to third party service providers.
- Use the Rewards platform to run marketing programs aimed at increasing customer engagement - sweepstakes/raffles, point accelerators, bonuses, special offers etc.
- Responsible for sensitizing the department to the needs of the customer and lead the customer focus initiative.
- Take decisive action to ensure speedy resolution of staff unresolved grievances or conflicts within the team.
- Operational Management of Loyalty Program Initiative, including operational maintenance, problem solving coordination and program administration support investigation and resolution in case of partner settlement disputes.
- Follow up on research results for rewards programs and partnerships in international and local QNB markets to gain a better understanding of new customer trends.
- Base recommendation for partnerships and rewards programs on consumer psychology results provided by local and international research organizations.
D. Leadership and Change Management:
- Take decision with limited information and ambiguous situations.
- Take unpopular and tough decisions in the interest of the organization.
- Provide assistance or coaching as needed and express confidence in the individual.
- Clearly articulate resource requirements and obtain management approvals for the same to ensure successful change while balancing the resources in most optimum manner.
- Understand the changing dynamics of situations accurately and respond in a manner that helps the organization in adapting to the new situation effectively. Qualifications:
- University graduate with a degree in Business Administration or related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years experience with a local/ Gulf bank entailing responsibilities of Loyalty and partnership management. Required Special Skills:
- Good understanding of the market competitive structure, industry practices and related regulations for consumer products business.
- Well developed strategic perspective and forward planning ability.
- Analytical and problem solving skills coupled with decision making ability.
- Working knowledge of banking products and marketing.
- Knowledge of the relevant laws, regulations and best practices pertaining to card products.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate and lead teams from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- A champion of change who is able to win people over and gain commitment to new ideas
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV