Project Manager (IT)
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Doha, Dawhah, Qatar
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Qatar National Bank (QNB)
- Updated on: 22 Aug 18
QNB Group, the biggest bank in Qatar, and a leading financial institution in the Middle East and Africa, is looking to hire a Project Manager (IT), to meet the requirements of the expansion of its office in QNB - Qatar//Doha.
QNB Group's presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies now extends to more than 30 countries across 3 continents, providing a comprehensive range of products and services. The total number of staff is more than 28,000 operating from over 1200 locations.
The Chief Business Officer (CBO) is responsible for all business divisions in the bank (Commercial banking, Financial Institutions, Transaction Banking, Treasury, Assets and wealth management, Retail).
The project manager will work on critical and key projects across all business divisions in coordination with Business and IT teams. He / She will be primarily responsible for defining, monitoring and securing the delivery of strategic projects.
Projects will vary extensively, focusing largely how to improve performance and generate revenue and regulatory projects. You will need to operate in a highly collaborative manner, bringing teams together ("Front to Back") to drive successful project execution.
- Understand the business requirements and is able to work with IT/Operations departments on the best technical solution knowing the bank architecture, systems and limitations
- Review in detail technical solution plans and provide feedback
- Ensure that realistic detailed project plans and delivery roadmaps are prepared and maintained
- Controls the scope and manages project risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies escalating as appropriate via the agreed governance framework
- Coordinate between various departments within Strategy / Business / IT and other dependent departments to ensure the progress of the ongoing projects
- Ensure that projects are delivered on-time and within scope / budget
- Provide regular and accurate reports to stakeholders as appropriate (progress, risks, issues…)
- Effectively communicate relevant project/ practice information to superiors and peers
- Ensure high standards of confidentiality to safeguard internally and externally the bank information
- Bachelor Degree preferably in Banking/Finance, Computer Science or MIS
- MBA or Master's Degree
- Certification in Project Management (PMI) / Prince.
- Minimum 8 years' experience in Banking / financial services consulting with a specialization in project management
- Training courses and certification in systems technology, management and banking
Required Special Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially in the field of motivational leadership, and team-building
- Good understanding of the financial industry and Banking products and services
- Good understanding of Digital technologies, e.g. Mobile (Android, iOS), Internet (HTML, Java), Core Infrastructure / Cyber (WAS, HSAs, Firewall, Cloud, Networks, Unix, Middleware) (applies more for IT candidates)
- Proficiency in risk concepts, banking products/ operations/ systems, pertinent regulatory requirements (applies more for Business candidates)
Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (Arabic is an advantage)
- Demonstrate project management experience, knowledge of banking business challenges and a track record of delivery of challenging projects
- Use of PMO tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Ms Project) and methodologies
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Self-driven with well-developed leadership, motivational and team-building skills
- Proven ability to conduct research/analysis, organize findings and build presentations
- Demonstrated success in managing deliverables within aggressive timeframes; ability to cope under time pressure, and work proactively with limited supervision
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV