Relationship Manager - SME
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Doha, Dawhah, Qatar
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Qatar National Bank (QNB)
- Updated on: 21 Oct 17
You will be responsible to managing relationships for customers pertaining to SME segment allocated to you and act as a 'one-stop solution' for all tasks such as (customers' requests/ needs). furthermore, you will be focusing on acquiring new target SME customers as well as maintaining a portfolio of existing clients
QNB Group, the biggest bank in Qatar, and a leading financial institution in the Middle East and Africa, is looking to hire a Relationship Manager - SME, to meet the requirements of the expansion of its office in QNB - Qatar//Doha.
QNB Group's presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies now extends to more than 30 countries across 3 continents, providing a comprehensive range of products and services. The total number of staff is more than 28,000 operating from over 1200 locations.
Provide inputs to the Head of Sales and Relationship Management in developing and implementing strategies and plans to achieve all volume, revenue, and profit targets for the SME segment.
Responsive to the needs of the customer base and lead the customer focus initiative in the entire department.
Act as the single point of contact for servicing all needs/ queries pertaining to the referenced customers (Highly revenue client, Client with growth potential, Client with sophisticated product need).
Ensure customer complaints are handled/ resolved in the most expeditious manner.
Provide inputs to the Head of Sales and Relationship Management in the preparation of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with internal departments/ units to achieve improvements in turn around time which will also help increase external customer satisfaction.
Build and maintain strong and effective relationship with all other related departments and sections to ensure timely processing and resolution of the needs/ queries of the SME customer base including any related operational issues and thereby facilitate achievement of the Group's goals/ objectives.
Provide timely and accurate information to the external and internal auditors and the Compliance function as and when required on the SME customer base.
Provide input to the department's Head to support the development and implementation of strategies and plans to achieve all volume, revenue, and profit targets for the SME segment
Provide input to the Head of Products and External Relations to support the development of tailored product solutions for QNB SME clients
Build and maintain strong and effective relationship with QNB support departments to ensure timely processing and resolution of the needs/queries of the SME customer base
Responsibility for a portfolio of existing high priority SME clients
- Act as key point of contact for SME clients in the portfolio
- Maintain and expand the SME customer base through introduction of innovative products backed by provision of superior services.
- Strengthen existing relationships with clients in the portfolio through regular visits
- Proactively review the financial situation of clients and provide advice on product solutions for their banking needs
- Proactively offer the full suite of banking products to clients in the portfolio to support the business ambitions of the client
- Follow up with clients to gather regularly required documents and financial information
- Develop and agree with the Head of Sales and Relationship Management on portfolio and client growth targets
- Proactively use the network of existing client relationships to acquire new clients
- Engage with industry associations and introducers to actively acquire new clients
- Maintain good understanding of the existing credit policy of the bank
- Perform feasibility studies and initial credit assessment for new credit applicants
- Advice clients on the adequate financing solutions for their business needs
- Gather all relevant information required to make credit decisions
- Prepare credit applications for new and existing clients
- Support credit in preparing the credit decision for new credit facilities and extension of existing credit facilities
- Manage the loan review process in accordance with the existing credit process
- Monitor existing borrowing relationships and raise concerns about loan serviceability to credit
- Develop strong understanding of the SME banking market in Qatar, identifying key trends, regulations, clients' needs and the activities of competitors
- Proactively use industry information to advise existing and new clients
- Stay up-to-date on SME topics to support and provide advice to clients in the portfolio
- Develop excellent understanding of QNB SME product offering
Bachelor's degree (MBA / Masters preferred) Min. 8 years of experience in managing banking relationship, ideally in an SME banking segment with 2years of experience in the MENA region prefereable.
Strong track record in managing business-to-business relationships with focus on sales and client service
Experience in credit assessment for SME clients and awareness of risk management concepts and practices
Excellent knowledge of SME banking products
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Passport-size photograph