Senior Analyst - Anti-Fraud Investigations
QNB Group, the largest Financial Institution in the Middle East and Africa are looking to hire a Senior Analyst - Anti-Fraud Investigations, to meet the expansion needs of our office in QNB - Qatar//Doha.
QNB has enjoyed continued success with Net Profits of QAR 10.8 billion (USD3 billion) in 2018 (up by 6%) and increased Total assets to QAR 853 billion (USD 234 billion). The Group now employs over 29,000 employees in 1,200 locations, with an ATM network of more than 4,300 machines. Job Summary:
Responsible for handling all the anti-fraud investigations activities within QNB Group Compliance, (except cards fraud)
. In addition, act in a pro-active manner toward any fraud events by reporting through the appropriate channels the nature of the risk faced, the ownership and the remediation measures. Assist the Group Compliance to prevent the Group from being exposed to the fraud risk and the associated financial / reputation loss that the Group may suffer as a result of failure to comply with applicable laws, regulations, codes of conduct and standards of good practice relevant to the Group's activities. Job Description:
- Handle all the fraud incidents according to the agreed upon investigation strategy and analysis; using a clear and adequate communication and coordination plan.
- Assess and enhance the monitoring systems and controls in providing data analysis and fraud 'course of events' reports in support of Group Investigation Committee requirements
- Suggests and recommends on a continuous basis new amendments and enhancements to the anti-fraud strategy, the detection and prevention related tools and procedures.
- Participate in design detection techniques to uncover fraud events when preventive measures fail or unmitigated risks are realized.
- Report on a regular basis on the non-compliance risks, identified Frauds and corrective action taken pertaining to the Group's activities,
- Provide input and areas of enhancements on the existing operational procedures to enhance the key risk and key control indicators dedicated to fraud detection and prevention
- Suggest real-time ad hoc corrective actions and compliance advisory oversight for all business lines.
- Designing and delivering fraud awareness training.
- Liaise with Training Department on Fraud matters through provision of training courses, seminars, etc.
- Liaising with regulators whenever required, responding to their queries/ issues and ensuring their identified recommendations and gaps are adequately followed-up until final resolution.
- Bachelor degree with professional qualifications such as CAMS /CFE / CIA.
- A minimum of 8 years' banking experience in a major banking institution or regulatory agency out of which 4 years should be in a supervisory role relating to Anti -Fraud.
- Compliance, Internal Audit or Legal background / experience is a plus
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV