Senior Analyst Operational Risk Enforcement
QNB Group, the largest Financial Institution in the Middle East and Africa are looking to hire a Senior Analyst Operational Risk Enforcement, to meet the expansion needs of our office in QNB - Qatar//Doha.
QNB has enjoyed continued success with Net Profits of QAR 10.8 billion (USD3 billion) in 2018 (up by 6%) and increased Total assets to QAR 853 billion (USD 234 billion). The Group now employs over 29,000 employees in 1,200 locations, with an ATM network of more than 4,300 machines. Role Summary:
The incumbent will assume prime responsibility for assessing/establishing the adequacy and effectiveness of processes and procedures submitted to the incumbent for review/ comments by the respective departments/ units of the Group and thereby helps in reinforcing the corporate view of 'the way things should be done'. Role Description:
- Assist in implementing of robust processes and procedures for the activities conducted by the Group's constituents to enhance internal controls; and thereby minimize the possibility of errors/misappropriations with the consequent impact on financial/reputation risk.
- Implement/suggest KPI's (Key Performance Indicators) for performance monitoring and quality measurement purposes for department/unit personnel and monitor their achievement on periodic basis.
- Assist in the department/units annual budgeting process.
- Review the processes/procedures submitted for comments and evaluate them to highlight improvements which will consequently help increase external customer satisfaction by way of improved process flows, reducing processing times, etc.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationship with the all other related departments and units to achieve the Group's Goals/Objectives.
- Provide timely and accurate information to the external and internal auditors and the compliance function as and when required.
- Ensure that minimum standards of control and management disciplines are in place whenever transactions are processed/services are performed by a Group constituent.
- Assist the Head of Operational Risk Enforcement in the establishment of detailed Operational Risk policies and procedures to manage the various aspects of operational risk within the Group.
- Implement analytical tools, which help identify risks associated with processes submitted to the incumbent for review and ensure these risks are adequately controlled/mitigated through introduction of appropriate checks and balances which are documented in the process flowcharts/procedures.
- Assist the Head of Operational Risk Enforcement in ensuring that Operational Risk processes cover all operational areas of the Group by provision of information relating to new products/processes (manual/system) to be implemented/introduced across the Group, based on the requests received for the review of the related processes and procedures.
- Provide informative risk information MIS reports to the Head of Operational Risk Framework.
- Bachelor degree preferably in finance, economics or related subjects.
- Training/Certification from a recognized body (CA, CPA, CIA would be preferred).
- Minimum of 6 years experience in a banking of which at least 3 years in bank in officer capacity in operational risk function.
- Understanding of operational risks across the full range of products/processes/activities performed by Group constituents.
- Prior exposure in designing/developing processes and procedures across geographically dispersed banking entity dealing in a variety of products.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic (preferred).
- Knowledge in risk concepts, banking products/operations/systems, pertinent regulatory requirements, IAS and related pronouncements.
- Knowledge of Basel Committee best practices pertaining to Operational Risk.
- Exercise high degree of initiative and thinking to perform complex tasks where no procedures or processes are available.
- Well-developed analytical an interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deliver under pressure.
- Ability to build relationships across the organization to deliver results.
- Knowledge of flowcharting tools/techniques
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV