Senior Officer Import & Export
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Doha, Dawhah, Qatar
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Qatar National Bank (QNB)
- Updated on: 19 Jul 18
QNB Group, the biggest bank in Qatar, and a leading financial institution in the Middle East and Africa, is looking to hire a Senior Officer Import & Export, to meet the requirements of the expansion of its office in QNB - Qatar//Doha.
QNB Group's presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies now extends to more than 30 countries across 3 continents, providing a comprehensive range of products and services. The total number of staff is more than 28,000 operating from over 1200 locations.
you will be able to process Export Letters of Credit in accordance with international rules and regulations in a way that supports the business units and ensures a good working relationship with the Group's clients
Comply with all relevant policies/ procedures to enable timely identification and resolution of processing errors/ duplicate processing/ suspicious transactions and thereby help avoid the incidence of financial/ reputation loss for the Group.
- Provide adequate and efficient Export L/Cs Issuance services to internal customers and thereby help them serve external customers in a more efficient manner, resulting in increased external customer satisfaction levels.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with all the other related departments to achieve the Group's goals/ objectives.
- Provide adequate technical support and assistance with respect to Export L/Cs related transactions, as and when required.
- Ensure handling of Export Letters of Credit with strict compliance to Group's policies and procedures and International Chamber of Commerce Rules.
- Verify accuracy of all transactions before authorizing, in order to secure the position of QNB and its clients.
- Authorize transactions for export letters of credit, amendment, and cancellation, releasing documents, and payment within the limit as per the credit policy.
- Verify Swifts of transactions relating to Export Letters of Credit.
- Provide periodical reports of issued and outstanding Export letters of credit, to the Assistant Manager Export LCs to enable him to monitor the workflow and income.
- Recommend changes and improvements to policies and procedures pertaining to letter of credit issuance and monitoring.
- Negotiate/ deal with complex letter of credit terms for L/Cs at sight, acceptances, transfers and back-to-back L/Cs.
- Support International Branches and Subsidiaries
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Foreign Trade Operations
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Passport-size photograph
3. Passport-size photograph