Senior Officer Security Operations Centre
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Doha, Dawhah, Qatar
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Qatar National Bank (QNB)
- Updated on: 27 May 18
QNB Group, the biggest bank in Qatar, and a leading financial institution in the Middle East and Africa, is looking to hire a Senior Officer Security Operations Centre, to meet the requirements of the expansion of its office in QNB - Qatar//Doha.
QNB Group's presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies now extends to more than 30 countries across 3 continents, providing a comprehensive range of products and services. The total number of staff is more than 28,000 operating from over 1200 locations.
The incumbent will be a member of the internal Security Operations Team and will actively monitor security threats and risks, provide in-depth incident analysis, evaluate security incidents, and will provide proactive threat research. The position will utilize the latest in security technology and be on the fore-front of incident response:
- Monitors and analyses IDS, analyses network traffic, logs analysis, prioritizes and differentiates between potential intrusion attempts and false alarms.
- Undertakes threat hunting exercises using specialist Endpoint Detection and Response tools
- Creates and tracks investigations to resolution.
- Composes security alert notifications.
- Maintains up to date knowledge on current vulnerabilities, attacks, and countermeasures.
- Advises incident responders in the steps to take to investigate and resolve computer security incidents.
- Close liaison with Engineering Team in tuning and configuration of devices
- Work with Management Team to enhance and continuously improve monitoring service
- Mentoring activities performed by the Security Operations Officer
- Minimize or eliminate business downtime and revenue loss due to security incidents and system unavailability
- Eliminate security incidents and bad publicity that can potentially tarnish bank's public image and thereby result in loss of customer confidence in using bank's services.
- Conduct in- depth, thorough analysis of network traffic and host activity to identify security events across a wide array of technologies and platforms
- Perform incident response activities such as host triage and retrieval, malware analysis, remote system analysis, end-user interviews, and remediation efforts
- Compile detailed investigation and analysis reports for internal SOC consumption and delivery to management
- Evaluate existing technical capabilities and systems and identify opportunities for improvement
- Research and test new security tools/products and make recommendations of tools to be implemented in the SOC environment
- Regularly review standard operating procedures and protocols to ensure SOC continues to effectively meet operational requirements
- Conduct "after action" reviews to identify lessons learned and best practices
- Influence and improve upon existing processes through innovation and operational change
- Bachelor Degree preferably in computer science, computer engineering or related subjects.
- Professional certification such as CISSP, CISM, CISA is mandatory
- SIEM certification and any vendor security certifications related to network, application, systems security would be considered as a plus
- Minimum of 6 years' experience in a major bank, Large Corporate or MSSP in a similar L3 SOC analyst role
- Possess an understanding of business processes and controls in all related operational areas
- Solid understanding of security architectures, threat intelligence consumption and root causes of malware infections and proactive mitigation
- Strong time management and multitasking skills as well as attention to detail
- Experience working in fast paced environments, and ability manage workload even during times of stress or escalated activity
- Comfortable with impromptu tasking and loosely defined requirements
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV