We are working with an international banking organisation who are looking for an experienced Senior Regional Credit Manager capable of working within a small team focused on managing credit for non-retail customers across the Middle East region.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
Brief Overview of Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the local portfolio of Corporate Banking and SME customers, responsible for review and assessment of proposals as well as and changes or extensions of existing credit facilities
- Work in conjunction with international credit teams where required
- Assessment of business viability, management and credit worthiness of various borrower to ensure the confidfence in repayment of debt using comprehensive financial and credit analysis
- Meet the bank’s required credit approval process by assessing all relevant aspects of the borrower / project / transaction and ensures that all types of risks pertinent to the proposed credit facility are properly identified and mitigated
- Recommends rejection of un-suitable credit proposals due to non-credit worthy borrowers, weak facility structures, non-acceptable terms, and or un-reliable or un-satisfactory financials
Qualifications and Experience
- University graduate with a degree preferably in finance, economics or related majors.
- Extensive relevant experience at a reputed bank ideally within a similar credit management role with experience managing corporate and SME customers in Middle East Region
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic
- Good knowledge of financial markets and industry best practices.
- Flexible team player and able to work and deliver under pressure.
- Ability to inspire and lead others