An opportunity has arisen to join a growing team in one of the Middle East & Africa's largest banking organisations within their Group Credit department.
- Contributing to enhance oversight of the bank's global subsidiaries’ Retail Credit Functions, approval processes, Credit Risk Acceptance Criteria, Portfolio composition, evolution and trends.
- Contributing to develop a sound understanding of the policies, scorecards, models etc., employed by Subsidiaries to assess and evaluate new proposals and portfolio quality.
- Assisting Head of Group International Retail Credit [as requested or directed] on providing regular and consistent reporting to the AGM Group Retail Credit and Group Chief Credit Officer to ensure that they are fully briefed on the above, and portfolio quality, trends and developments in real time.
- Developing and maintaining strong professional relationships with the Retail Credit teams and management in the bank's International operations
- Working closely as required with the Credit Risk Acceptance Criteria team in Group Credit Policies and Governance and the International Retail team to review Subsidiaries’ and International Branches’ Retail approval criteria and credit strategy.
- The incumbent is responsible for the review of proposals for extension of credit facilities for the bank’s customers which are submitted by the International Branches and Core Subsidiaries [as requested or directed], based on authority limits, and to submit a summary recommendation for approval by the relevant authority (up to Group Credit Committee level).
- The incumbent provides technical and consultancy support and assistance to the bank's International Branches and Core Subsidiaries [as requested or directed] with respect to credit related matters, including but limited to sharing of pertinent data and information, guidance on policies and procedures, conducting credit analysis, reviews and assessments, and providing credit recommendations and approvals within his/her authority limits.
- The incumbent assesses the business viability, management, technical, marketing, and production quality, and credit worthiness of various borrowers, obligors, projects and counterparties to ensure the satisfactory repayment of debt service requirements in accordance with the terms and conditions of the proposed credit facility by conducting thorough due diligence using comprehensive financial and credit analyses including but not limited to verification of customer’s / project’s business and operational data, scrutiny of historical and projected financial statements, and validation of feasibility, industry and market studies, consultants’ reports and other relevant data supporting the credit application.
- He/she assists the International Branches and Subsidiaries to ensure that all credit transactions entered into by the bank adhere to the bank’s established policies and procedures, including regulatory and compliance requirements and local branch/subsidiary strategies, as well as following the highest international market and industry standards and norms.
- The incumbent must meet the bank’s required credit approval process by assessing all relevant aspects of the borrower / project / transaction and ensures that all types of risks pertinent to the proposed credit facility are properly identified and mitigated in order to avoid default by the borrowers and obligors, so that the portfolio default rate of the bank will be kept at acceptable market and banking industry levels.
- The incumbent recommends rejection of un-suitable credit proposals due to (but not limited to) non-credit worthy borrowers, weak facility structures, non-acceptable terms and conditions, and or un-reliable or un-satisfactory financials, as well as those transactions that do not adhere to bank’s policies and objectives, and regulatory and compliance regulations.
- University graduate with a degree preferably in finance, accounting, economics or related subjects, preferably a Masters degree.
- Extensive experience in a major international bank doing financial analysis and modelling, credit assessment, financial packaging, structuring of credit facilities.
- Excellent knowledge of bank’s retail lending and non-lending products and services.
- Extensive experience in a supervisory capacity in risk approval function.
- Professional certification such as PRM, CPA, CFA is preferred but not required.
- Candidates must have prior experience and overseen other international locations.