Senior Specialist IFRS9 and Risk Reporting - Group Risk
- QAR excellent base plus bonus
- Doha, Dawhah, Qatar
- Permanent, Full time
- Westbourne Partners
- 15 Feb 18 2018-02-15
This is a critical risk function providing operational support and management in: - Group-wide treatments of IFRS9 and related regulatory reporting issues across all operating jurisdictions - Functional responsibility for IFRS9 in relation to impairment measurement, analysis and reporting /disclosure or related directives - Maintaining the relevant methodology and technical interpretation notes and related policies and procedures to fulfil review and auditability, internal control and governance requirements - Participating in the development of relevant dashboards for business line and management reporting (Movement reports, Attribution Analysis, Trends), including detailed analysis and reports on related forward looking scenarios
Position: Senior Specialist IFRS9 and Risk Reporting
Entity: Group Risk
Location: Doha, Qatar
About us: We are the largest Financial Services firm in the MENA region with international offices across Africa, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
This is a critical risk function providing operational support and management in:
- Group-wide treatments of IFRS9 and related regulatory reporting issues across all operating jurisdictions
- Functional responsibility for IFRS9 in relation to impairment measurement, analysis and reporting /disclosure or related directives
- Maintaining the relevant methodology and technical interpretation notes and related policies and procedures to fulfil review and auditability, internal control and governance requirements
- Participating in the development of relevant dashboards for business line and management reporting (Movement reports, Attribution Analysis, Trends), including detailed analysis and reports on related forward looking scenarios
- Facilitating the development of Regulatory reporting requirements through detailed specification of data and calculation elements
- Review of subsidiary entities application and implementation of financial reporting standards in respect of impairment provisioning and providing relevant Group responses
- Coordinating and review of data templates received from subsidiary entities with a view to managing exceptions, ongoing refinement and automation
- Facilitating the embedding of IFRS9 measurement approaches as overall process owner (design and maintenance) and as part of end-to-end process responsibilities
- Ensuring the appropriateness and effectiveness of related internal controls, including the review and analysis of data delivery
- Driving ongoing internal stakeholder awareness and training of related methodology and practice notes
- Assisting in ensuring integrity of Group external reporting and disclosures
With management of above sub-functions, the candidate will provide direct operational and intellectual support to the Head of Risk Policy and Governance in terms of finalizing management presentations, strategy recommendations, policy notes, and policy liaison with Regulators.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyse and provide risk related recommendations on IFRS9 measurement and reporting/disclosure standards
- Analysis of related (Home/Host) Regulatory guidance and reporting their financial impact on the Group
- Actively develop plans for implementation of related IFRS9 reporting and analysis initiatives
- Design and develop related reporting framework/dashboards that will ensure the quality and integrity of the Group’s internal/external reporting, specifically IFRS9 reporting requirements
- Prepare workshops, training materials, reference documents for awareness department projects, Regulatory compliance or preparation for specific waivers/accreditations
- Update and management of Group’s Impairment Policies and Procedures.
- Prepare recommendations on IFRS9 and related Regulatory matters for Group Risk Management Committee, Group Management Credit Committee and, if applicable, to ALCO (e.g. Scenarios) for review and approval, as appropriate.
- Assist with the review of Group Risk Policies to ensure aligned with Regulatory and Legal directives.
- Liaise with industry and peer banks on IFRS9 implementation issues
- Inform management and business on IFRS9 impairment impacts, as required
- Monitor and review the consultation process to ensure relevant stakeholders are informed appropriately on IFRS9 and related Regulatory change matters
- Address implementation issues to ensure processes are effective and issues are appropriately disseminated
- Facilitate integration of IFRS9 developments in relevant processes and controls at subsidiary & the consolidated group levels to ensure alignment to Enterprise Standards.
- Independently carry out all tasks required for management and coordination of related Regulatory circulars/opinions. i.e. relevant department workshops, consensus development, accumulation of management expectations and subsequent follow up of required approvals.
- Assist with ensuring adequate reporting framework and systems are in place in various regions to access and follow the applicable Regulations.
- Assist with ensuring, in conjunction with applicable internal audit, legal, regulatory stakeholders that risk policies do not contravene regulatory or legal requirements.
- Possess strong risk management analytical skills set and experience in risk analysis, risk policies development, implementation of procedures for effective business and risk management.
- Possess strong business skill set and experience in developing and working with best practices in risk policies.
- Possess superior knowledge of credit risk and related issues, including Basel II/III and Regulations.
- Ensure high standards of confidentiality and ethics to safeguard commercially sensitive information.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Post graduate level education, preferable in economics, business, quantitative discipline, management, or a related discipline.
- Min 8 years’ experience out of which 5 years of management exposure in leading financial institution and/or consultancy in risk discipline or risk management related field.
- Experienced risk analyst who is technically efficient in financial reporting standards with excellent working knowledge of IFRS9.
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of Regulation, Banking laws across varied jurisdictions.
- Seeking individual with right level of skill set for the day-to-day operation of IFRS9 framework.
- Statistical modelling, Data handling from SAS / SQL, Scripting language, advanced in use of Excel.
- Specialist experience in Regulation, Risk management policies, procedures and frameworks.
- Extensive exposure to banking practices, different Regulatory standards and ability to consolidate these with bank customized requirements.
- Experience with developing and supporting Regulatory liaison on IFRS9, Basel II/III.
- Confidence and ability to communicate effectively with senior professionals and various stakeholder groups within group.
- Ability to work independently and assume responsibility for major project deliverables
- Leadership & Change Management abilities in influencing senior personnel throughout the group
- Should be able to lead and effectively manage Regulatory projects. Ability to promptly resolve Regulatory policy development and methodology related issues, including potential implementation hurdles.
- Must be able to manage stakeholders effectively during the consultation phase, any planning and Regulatory policy development process
- Must be able to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders across all Group and geographical locations and at all levels.
- Must be an effective translator of complex policy issues and technical information for non-experts
- Must show strong initiative to proactively find solutions to requirements
- Creative and lateral thinker, but must be commercial at all times
- Strong organizational skills including ability to manage multiple tasks and ability to work under aggressive deadlines; values teamwork and partnering
- Excellent communication, presentation and documentation skills