Officer - Trade Operations
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Process Trade Transactions within service standard time in compliance with DOI, NRB and Group policies and procedures
- Ensure applications/instructions from front office/other branches are received with all relevant information and are processed accurately and timely.
- Any approval requirement or deviations to the approved process should be intimated to concerned Supervisor/ARM/RM in a timely manner.
- Ensure all tracking, reporting, submission of returns and follow-ups are done in a timely manner as prescribed in the DOI/Regulations
- Ensure prompt referral of unsolved problems /issues to Supervisor/Manager.
- Ensure any concessions related to exchange rates, fees and charges are authorized by appropriate authority.
- Ensure transactions processed are reconciled at all time and any exceptions escalated as per the sundry/suspense escalation policy/procedures.
- Keep close track of pending documents, transactions and provide proper information to Supervisors/RM/Client
- Keep yourself updated with respect to all changes in policy, process and regulations pertaining to your role.
- Timely complete all required e-Learning and be well versed in related ICC publications.
- Participate actively in Bank Wide Initiatives
- Ensure compliance with Group Policy, Sanctions Policy, procedures and controls.
- Ensure that all checks and controls are in place to prevent potential loss to the bank.
- Ensure that all transactions are processed in time or are advised /referred to the relevant body well in time.
- Ensure and adhere to policy requirement and comply with group policy, procedures and local statutory requirements.
- Initiate cost cutting measures.
- Ensure full awareness of all the policies and procedures issued in relation to money laundering prevention and compliance with these policies and procedures on an ongoing basis.
- Any suspicious transaction must immediately be reported to the supervising officer.
- Ensure awareness of Operational and Reputational risk, inform immediately to concerned supervisor or to HTO if any issues noted.
Sanctions and Anti Money Laundering
- Drive collaboration within teams to enhance service to clients/customers.
- Improve and optimize processes further enhancing efficiency
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness in all transactions accordingly to set standard delivery time.
- Handle any queries /problem promptly and refer them to the appropriate areas for solution.
Health and Safety
- Ensure timely understanding and compliance with all the applicable regulations of the Bank, group and country including Sanctions and AML-CDD
- To understand any significant hazards and associated risks that may affect staff/contractor productivity.
- To read and adhere to all the local Health & Safety rules & Group policy in line with Group Health & Safety planning and Group Health & Safety policy guide lines.
- Not to interfere or misuse anything provided in the interest of Health & Safety.
- To take prompt and appropriate action to any accident, whether to an employee or not.
- Responsible for working with the Bank to ensure a safe and healthy workplace for all.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of co-workers and those who may be affected by own actions or omissions;
- Co-operate with Management to support and promote Health and safety in the workplace;
- Ensure that own actions do not put others at risk;
- Work in a healthy and safe manner and encourage others to work in a healthy and safe manner;
- Report all accidents and incidents and bring to the attention of the management any hazard in the workplace
- Participate in the entire Health & Safety awareness programme organized by Health & Safety Coordinator.
Our Ideal Candidate
- To develop the sprit of Team Work
- Assist colleagues in their works to manage the work pressure in the department.
- Work as a relief staff in other units whenever required.
- Overall knowledge of Trade Products and system processing.
- Working knowledge of Group Policy, compliance requirements, NRB regulation and ICC publications, Sanctions Policy
- System (eBBS//DTP/LTP/OTP) and computer knowledge.
- Self-awareness of Sanctions and Anti Money Laundering Policy.
- Communication Skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .