Associate SQA Engineer
This position will involve testing on IHS Markit's Portfolio Valuations and Manager Product. The role is ideal for a dynamic and pioneering automation tester who is comfortable with both providing strategic initiative and completing hands-on testing work when required.
As an innovative product in a fast moving industry, the position requires the ability to work very closely with the business group, to understand their requirements and to recognize importance of flexibility.
The successful candidate must be able demonstrate the ability to follow the design and adhere to the QA process which delivers a fast time to market without compromising on quality. To this end the candidate must be highly technical and have an excellent understanding of cutting edge test automation techniques. Duties & accountabilities
Business competencies Education and Experience
- Proficient on Java and QA skills to work under management of the group.
- Hands-on and able to define test Strategy for the projects (including tools, environments, data, phases, automation and NFT).
- Build successful relationships with Product owners, Development managers, the Client and other IT teams to deliver effective test outcomes.
- Implement a test automation strategy which integrates testing into the development process and uses development quality tools and code.
- Provide transparency to key stakeholders of testing progress, risks and cost of quality.
- Partner with development, support and product to ensure an integrated and unified QA approach.
- University graduate or equivalent, in a computing or numerate discipline degree.
- Demonstrable high quality test experience in a financial environment.
- Experience of working with Agile, Test Driven Development and Business Driven Development software development processes
- Extensive experience in formal testing practice with good experience in automation and NFT in large scale project
- Extensive experience in Test Automation using Test Tools/Frameworks for example: Cucumber, Concordion, Fitnesse, Selenium, TestNG, jUnit
- Technical experience of writing and maintaining testing code in Java
- Good working knowledge of Cloud Implementation and understanding of AWS, Docker, Openshift, Kibana and Elastic Search would be desirable
- Experience of defining the Non Functional Testing Strategy and Plan with the Non Functional Testing Teams
Personal competencies Personal impact
- Knowledge and experience of financial markets, specifically in OTC Derivatives
- Demonstrated ability to work in a globally distributed software development team
- Formal education or any recognized certifications in Finance is desirable
- Demonstrate a passion for testing, show drive to take initiative and follow through tasks to completion at a high quality level, whilst consistently seeking to improve practices and processes.
- Team Leader who can drive the team in difficult and crunch situations.
- Passion for quality assurance and attention to detail
- Strong desire to learn new technologies, methods and tools
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to communicate at all levels including daily team meetings, represent QA in meetings with teams other teams and presenting to management.
- Ability to partner closely with development teams in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- The ability to forge strong partnerships with key members of product and technology teams.
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to project priorities and processes and ability to meet deadlines.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.