Senior Manager, Credit Review
- Jeddah, Makkah, Saudi Arabia Jeddah Makkah SA
- Permanent, Full time
- ITFC - International Islamic Trade Finance Corp
- 16 Jul 18 2018-07-16
This role is responsible for evaluating financial proposals at ITFC with a view to identifying the associated risks and recommending mitigating measures. This will involve conducting a thorough evaluation of all deal related documents and issuing recommendations on the emerging risk factors.
- Managing the team reporting to this role by evaluating performance of team members, providing feedback on an ongoing basis, identifying development needs and coaching them to ensure ongoing capability development.
- Conducting a thorough evaluation of all financing proposals received from Trade Finance Department and ensuring that these are in adherence with ITFC’s risk acceptance criteria. This will include identifying the associated risk factors and recommending suitable credit enhancement or risk mitigation measures.
- Issuing the Risk Management recommendation on prospective deals, to be incorporated as a critical input in the Review Committee meetings for the proposal’s evaluation and approval process.
- Conducting an analysis of the deal structuring, pricing and other terms of agreement structured for prospective deals, and recommending clauses to mitigate the associated risks in a manner that will safeguard ITFC’s interests.
- Providing input to validate and update the Risk Scoring models and making recommendations, as required.
- Reviewing the Credit Risk Ratings prepared for ITFC clientele on a quarterly basis and verifying adherence with the defined covenants. Initiating corrective action, where required, basis the standard operating procedures established for Risk Management.
- Conducting periodic reviews of the ITFC financing/investment portfolio and incorporating insights into technical notes designed to enhance the effectiveness of the credit review function. Initiating studies/research on specific risk factors of relevance to the organization, and providing inputs to strengthen the Credit Risk policies.
- Providing input to the Chief Risk Officer for conducting the Credit Committee meetings on prospective deals at ITFC. Serving as the spokesperson to highlight the risks associated with prospective deals, and the requisite mitigating measures necessary in ensuring transaction security.
- Serving as a member of the Portfolio Assessment Committee by recommending measures to strengthen credit risk management at ITFC.
Generating MIS reports on the credit approval process on special request from ITFC Senior Management, as required.