#122307: Director, Product Incubation Program (P&P)
Do you have a passion in Product Development? Are you relentless in your pursuit of Innovation? Are you a practitioner in Agile and Lean methodologies?
We have a great opportunity for a talented and self-motivated Innovator to join our NEXT Products & Platform (P&P) team in NCS to lead Product Incubation programme.
At P&P, we are a special breed of people: a unique combination of inter-disciplinary entrepreneurial teams who bring innovations to market. Our motto is:
We listen to understand the world's problems and question our beliefs
We learn from customers to build transformative solutions
We lead , persist, provoke, inspire to realize our vision
We leverage the latest technologies to create transformative products and new business models to help accelerate our Clients Digital transformation agenda. We have deep expertise in: robotics, IoT, computer vision, audio intelligence, speech analytics and much more. Join us! What to expect:
You are a pragmatic, hands-on and driven individual who can spot new business opportunities against all odds, relentlessly search for new innovative solutions to challenging problems, and deliver by doing.
You are an experienced practitioner in product development, agile methodology and the lean principles.
You apply a rigorous approach to bring high risk / high rewards innovations to life and know when to make tough calls (pivot or stop).
You will design and implement a product incubation framework from early ideation scouting to commercial offerings. Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate should have/ be:
- Designs and manages product incubation programme.
- Develops and executes strategy throughout the product incubation life cycle.
- Drives the IP translation from CorpLabs innovation to new products and platforms.
- Creates new product's vision from ideation, finding problem solution fit, to customer discovery and validation.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Keeps all the stakeholders up to date on product incubation process and progress.
- Promotes the new product initiative and IPs internally and externally by advocating for its value and benefits at executive briefings, marketing events, and social media platforms.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Obtains product market share by working with sales director to develop product sales strategies.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules.
- Brings new products to market by analysing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering team.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains product management staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains product management staff job results by counselling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business or the equivalent
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in innovation or product management
- Demonstrated ability to continuously benchmarking and improving products
- Strong understanding of lean product development process and growth hacking
- Confident in public speaking to a diverse audience group from staff level to senior executives
- Good written and verbal communication skill
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Experience with Agile software development projects
- Ability to influence and inspire the team in applying various approaches or strategies for the product incubation
- Good understanding of the emerging technologies such as AI, Robotics, and IoT, or prior experience in engaging government agencies and IHLs on projects and collaborations is an added advantage
- A proven track record in product planning, defining and launching successful products, and working with SaaS product lines, is a big plus.
If you would like to be part of the winning team that does great work, apply today!