12 Month Contractor, Unified Communications Engineer
- Contract, Full time
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
As the Unified Communications (UC) Engineer, you will be part of the IT Infrastructure team providing support for all infrastructure components both in Singapore and across APAC. You will also be involved in the planning and implementation of projects.
Microsoft Lync 2013 and Skype for Business is the core platform for the delivery of unified communications across the business, utilizing a full range of functionality including enterprise voice (telephony), conferencing, federation, video and persistent chat. You are responsible for the engineering activity in support of this platform, as well as day to day management of the operational support services for these technologies.
You will work very closely with the global team ensuring desktop standards are always maintained, as well as providing technical expertise and guidance to remote teams.
- Oversee the day to day operation of UC systems regionally and globally.
- Collaborate very closely with your global peers and other infrastructure teams e.g. Desktop, Wintel, Network Engineers, Project Managers and 3rd party support organisations in support of the global UC service.
- Provide technical engineering across the suite of UC products and planned programs of change
- Review operational services of both in house and external providers to ensure standards are maintained
- Provide technical expertise in support of the day to day monitoring and tuning of the end to end infrastructure.
- Engage with the wider IT support teams in the management and resolution of major incidents and problems.
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following requisites:
- A degree graduate in Information Technology or any other relevant disciplines
- At least 3-5 years of IT experience supporting a business environment where Lync / Skype for Business is fully deployed and used as the primary telephony platform within the organization.
- Experience of integrating 3rd party voice recording, compliance and switchboard systems is desired as is experience with session border controllers, SIP/ISDN and traditional conferencing systems
- Ability to work in a mission-critical environment.
- Prior experience working in financial services or similar regulated industry is an advantage
- Experienced supporting large and complex Lync/Skype4B environments, including telephony.
- Experience of working with managed service providers and outsourcers.
- In-depth knowledge of Lync 2013 and Skype for Business.
- In-depth knowledge of session border controllers (Sonus preferable), ISDN and SIP.
- Detailed knowledge of Verba and Actiance compliance systems preferred
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and Exchange Unified Messaging
- Knowledge of Video conferencing solutions preferred eg Polycom DMA/RMX, Acano, Cisco
- Good understanding of the wider Microsoft product stack including Office365