2VP- Senior Analyst - Market Advocacy and Innovation Research
Who we are
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. What we do
Northern Trust's international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Since 1986, we have been serving clients in Asia-Pacific (APAC), including corporate pension funds, investment managers, insurance companies, government agencies, family offices and corporations. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur. Summary
We seek a senior business analyst (non-IT) with a strong design/research ability to join our APAC Market Advocacy & Innovation Research team in Singapore. You will interact at multiple levels and across multiple geographies within Northern Trust; whilst supporting team members across key external industry bodies and regulators in order to positively influence market change in line with Northern Trust's strategic direction. You will also leverage intelligence and conduct detailed research to support team members' advocacy activities, innovation incubation and innovation commercialization.
This role will report to the Head of Centre of Applied Innovation - Market Advocacy & Research. What you will do
- Support the team with the advocacy activities in relation to engagement with industry bodies. (Industry groups, regulators, financial services firms, technology firms and challenger organizations.)
- Conduct detailed research and analysis that will assist in informing the bank's strategic approach to technical innovation, investments, innovation commercialization and proof of value or product developments
- Conduct ongoing research into the threats, impacts and opportunities from new technologies, market disruptors and challenger firms to inform strategic decisions across the enterprise
- Distribution of research findings to Northern Trust partners through multiple channels
- Coordination of team members' Proof of Value (PoV) initiatives (Aligning resources, budget and project plans including key milestones/risks/dependency tracking).
- Compile monthly financial reporting for associated PoV activities
- Coordination of multiple innovation research initiatives
- Compilation and management of presentation material for team members
As of June 30 2019, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- 5 year's Business Analysis experience ideally within financial services
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and articulate your thinking effectively
- Very proficient with Powerpoint, Excel and Word
- Research/Design skills highly regarded
- Market and Technology aware
- $11.3 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $8.5 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.2 trillion in assets under management
- $127 billion in banking assets
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
- Want to learn more about our company? Visit www.northerntrust.com
- We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades!
For a private discussion please contact Gez Williams on +61 3 9935 8204.