AML Surveillance Officer
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
Member of APAC AML Level 1 alert management team
• Handle automated alerts generated by AML/CFT TM tools or AML/CFT TM queries and identify automated alerts requiring further analysis or investigation, according to desktop procedure describing the operational implementation.
• Analysis work at L1 will involve making reference to KYC and Client information system, transaction details and previously escalated alerts to understand usual and expected client behavior to contextualize the alert transactions.
• Record decision and rationale based on the facts and the potential ML/FT risk identified.
• Escalate to L2 Investigators or close the automated alert based on the assessment performed.
• Review and escalation to be done in accordance to indicative target timelines.
• Follow-up on any remediation work that may arise from Quality Assurance and control testing.
• Provide support on projects pursuant to management requests or necessitated by events such as local & global internal audits and periodic inspections by the regulatory authorities.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Proactive and able to work independently
• A self-starter with the organizational skills and ability to work independently, applying sound judgment and rationale for decisions made
• Must have strong interpersonal skills, a flexible, collaborative and team-oriented approach to problem-solving and an ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, and preferably with some experience of dealing in multiple countries in Asia Pacific.
• Must evidence an attention to detail and have an investigative and questioning nature with thorough record-keeping abilities.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• University graduate or relevant professional qualifications (e.g. ICA Diploma of Compliance or Anti Money Laundering, and/or other industry AML memberships/certifications, e.g. ACAMS)
• At least 2-3 years of AML/CFT Compliance experience.
• Good general knowledge of the AML/CFT laws, regulations and suspicious reporting standards globally and regionally in an international financial institution or a regulatory body in Asia Pacific is preferred.