APAC Credit Business Manager, Director
- Not Specified
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 May 18 2018-05-18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is seeking a Business Manager for its Asia Pacific Credit business within BlackRock Alternative Investors to assume responsibility for the strategic oversight of non-investment operations, execution of strategic initiatives and on-going delivery of a robust and scalable operating platform for its growing regional platform. The Business Manager will provide leadership and management of the operating platform for the Head of Asia Pacific Credit, the Global COO of Credit, as well as the Asia Pacific Investments COO.
With more than 20 investors in the region, the Asia Pacific Credit team has a presence in Singapore, Gurgaon and Sydney. Our clients include corporate pension plans, public pension plans, central banks, sovereign wealth funds, other institutional investors and global retail clients.
Job Purpose/Background: The Asia Pacific Business Manager, based in Singapore, is ultimately responsible for providing leadership for the Credit business across a range of strategic and tactical activities.
The candidate, directly reporting to the Global COO of Credit and the Asia Pacific Investments COO, will be a culture carrier who will support the development and execution of strategic initiatives, business planning, project management, talent initiatives and day-to-day operations. The role involves interaction, communication and management with the Global Credit team on critical and sensitive issues, which requires a high degree of interpersonal and relationship management skills.
The role has broad responsibilities and will therefore be a demanding and challenging position. In return it will provide an opportunity to build rewarding partnerships and to directly contribute towards driving this strategic initiative forward.
The APAC Credit Business Manager will drive the execution of BlackRock’s Alternatives and Credit growth objectives by engaging the shared regional resources of these businesses in the form of an integrated Credit Platform.
The role will require client engagement for purposes of demonstrating Credit Platform capabilities, client due diligence and strategic relationship management. The successful candidate will display emotional ownership of the business and will be naturally prepared to go the extra mile every time. Operational risk experience is crucial as is the ability to react positively under pressure in the pursuit of continual improvement.
- Be accountable for developing and delivering the business development and growth plans for the Asia Credit business, with strong focus on illiquid growth
- Through partnering with the Head of Asian Credit, Global Credit COO, Senior Investors globally, Product Strategy and other senior leaders, the candidate will develop the project plans, operating plans and resource requirements to expand the existing perimeter of the Asian Credit Business, deliver on our clients’ expectations and maximize profitability. This will include plans around products, talent, investment team co-ordination, investment structures, system requirements, internal and external communications and governance designed to allow our investors to generate performance to match our clients’ targets
- Project management and co-ordination of agreed plans, including managing diligence on potential new areas of activity or teams.
- Prioritizing across various projects and developments and having responsibility for execution quality and timeliness
- Oversee private transaction management regionally including
- Ensure the operational integrity of transactions through their entire lifecycle, from the introduction of a trade or deal to the platform (including a compliance filter function) to implementation into the fund to sale of the instrument
- Change management and enhancing the operational environment across investment and operational processes through identification of process gaps and improvements
- Join relevant Asian Credit Operating Committees
- Assist the Head of Asian Credit in defining and implementing best practices for the investment teams
- Contribute to governance & risk management of committee structures
- Working with other members of the Credit COO team, assist in the ongoing co-ordination with Operations and other support functions allowing, for example, investments to be smoothly executed and completed, operational burdens for PMs are minimized and clients are successfully on boarded
- Represent the Credit Business to our internal business partners, both within Alternatives and the broader firm on an ongoing basis
- Partnering with other members of the Credit COO team, ensure Asian Credit evolves existing relationships with other teams across BLK to develop joint initiatives and solutions for the benefit of our Credit clients
- Partner with the existing regional and functional COO team to coordinate effective business management processes around:
- Product development and fund structuring through Product Committees and cross functional relationship management
- Internal communications
- Financial planning & oversight
- Management reporting
- Talent strategy in partnership with HR - including:
- Performance and promotions, and Inclusion and diversity strategy
- Annual compensation process including carry documentation and execution, as well as performance fee tracking and distribution
- Oversight of all hiring and also exits from the group
- 10+ years of experience with significant experience in a business or operational role a major financial services firm
- In depth knowledge and experience with Alternatives or Illiquid Credit investment markets
- In depth knowledge and experience with Public Credit markets, with strong preference for Asian fixed income background
- Proven track record of business building and managing a large regional investment platforms
- Experience navigating a complex matrix of accountability and stakeholders; ability to work extremely well with all business partners
- Knowledge of markets and institutions, as well as related regulatory frameworks across Asia as they pertain to both private and public spaces
- In depth knowledge of legal and tax entity structures with regards to efficient establishment of deal operations in Asian jurisdictions
- Proven experience in end to end private deal transaction management operations
- Proven experience with public credit market operational management requirements
- Ability to demonstrate experience in helping with complex structures across funds and markets within illiquid space
- Significant and successful track record in managing operational risk in a dynamic environment
- Proven ability to work at scale across a sizeable business
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to clearly communicate objectives across a range of stakeholders and to articulate the rationale behind those goals.
- Superb organization, time and project mana
gement skills; ability to manage multiple complex projects at the same time
- Strong problem solving skills and entrepreneurial outlook
- Ability to exercise sound judgment independently
- Results driven with a high level of attention to detail
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.