APAC Market Risk Manager (AVP)
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan McKinley Singapore
- 16 Jul 18 2018-07-16
APAC Market Risk Manager (AVP)
My client is a leading global bank who is looking to hire an experienced Market Risk manager to join their high performing team. The Ideal candidate should encompass strong market risk knowledge in Equities, FX and Fixed Income. One of the main responsibilities of the incumbent is to make sure initiatives taken are carried out accordingly to the bank's business strategies and objectives. Stakeholder management is key in the role.
- Champs a high-performance environment and instrument a people strategy that attracts, develop and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison, values, business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Stakeholder-relationships, assist Market Risk analysts to ensure proper support is provided on a daily basis in developing effective relationships with business lines that fosters awareness of the Bank's risk framework and sharing of information.
- Market Intellect and Active Analysis: Maintain regular discussion with market risk analysts across the region and different business lines with respect to market developments and risk matters, including changes in risk profile and Profit & Loss drivers
- Responding to Requests/Events: Work closely with Market Risk Officers to develop effective risk-reward decisions by providing independent opinion on new business initiatives, including calibrating risk limits in alignment with the Bank's risk appetite framework. Support the Regional Risk Management team with ad hoc risk related projects as required
- Valuation: Ensure portfolios are accurately valued through analysis of daily P&L results and preparation of daily market risk reports
- Communication: Distilling daily risk/market information into highlights, ensuring material issues are communicated to stakeholders. Communicate analysis verbally, in writing, and in presentation settings to all levels of management. Effectively communicate with the team regarding relevant credit statistics of the customer base
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct
- Contribute to a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team
- Degree in finance or other quantitative discipline. CFA/FRM/PRM is desirable
- Possesses a minimum of 4 - 5 years of direct experience in a risk management or trading role
- Knowledge of Asian capital markets through direct experience in a risk management or trading role
- Ability to work independently and without direct supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
If you are qualified and interested in this role, please apply with your updated CV in WORD format below.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd
EA License No: 11C5502
Registration No: R1659128
License Name: Phea Dan Shuo, Bella