API Developer, Group Operations & Technology
Being the first bank in Southeast Asia to have an open API platform, OCBC Regional Development Centre - API Team (RDC-API) strongly values innovation and is at the forefront in adopting new technologies to existing banking products and services. Responsibilities:
- Building and developing API platforms for both client side as well as server-side scalable application.
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of application.
- Collaborate with other platforms tech leads to ensure integrated end-to-end design and delivery
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify API technical and functional needs of system and determine priority of needs
- Provide functional, technical, and process leadership
- Able to break down problems in production environment to analyse, understand and resolve
- Understand how evolving technology affects domain; stays current and leads team through new technologies
- Responsible for key system design and integration decisions; and for communicating decisions to individuals implementing the system
- Provide mentoring and coaching for direct reports career growth
- At least a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Experience in creating front end applications using ReactJS/Redux, HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, Bootstrap and Chrome debugging tools (Lighthouse, DOM manipulation and etc ).
- Experience in writing Restful API's using spring and Java.
- Knowledge of modern authentication/authorization mechanism such as JSON Web Token, Oauth2 etc.
- Familiarity with code versioning tool such as GIT, Bitbucket.
- Experience in working on build Tool like NPM, Gulp, Bower and webpack.
- Experience in Swagger, AngularJS, and Open API frameworks
- Experience working in a DevOps and agile delivery operating model
- Added advantage on any API Gateway products (MuleSoft, WSO2, Kong, Apigee, etc).
- Experience with rapid prototyping and POCs/trials