- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 19 Jan 18
API Developer Portal - Dev Lead
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good.
Standard Chartered went live with the initial version of its external and internal API Gateway and Developer portal. The gateway is powered with its ecosystem components viz. developer portal, API publisher, OAUTH server, security etc.
The portal is an essential part of an API ecosystem providing developers access to API documentation and try the API's in a sandbox environment. The portal must be secure, performant and innovative as it is the most visible component of the ecosystem and harness adoption of REST APIs.
- Build, test and release new capabilities across platform stack with end-to-end ownership
- Work closely with Product Owner and the team to define work items, plan, estimate and sign-up for the delivery
- Manage own work priorities, deadlines and deliverables fulfilling your commitments to Product Owner and fellow team members
- Adhere to the quality standards and ensure your work is done to the highest possible quality
- Continuously focus on improving your technical and teamwork skills
- Record of strong individual technical achievement, capability to deliver robust solutions from idea to production
- Senior-level programming skills in server-side Java, good understanding of JVM, expertise developing integration solutions using web services and messaging, both on the premises and on the cloud
- Experience with at least one of the leading integration and API lifecycle management platforms like Mule, 3Scale, Nginx or Apigee
- Strong knowledge of distributed systems, APIs and protocols (HTTP, AMQP, JMS, MQ, SOAP) and experience developing resilient mission-critical systems
- Good understating of WS-* and REST architectures, API description standards (WSDL, RAML, Swagger)
- Strong working knowledge of Devops tools like Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift, Ansible etc
- Excellent understanding of good development practices and experience applying them in your work
- Demonstrated teamwork skills, preferably in agile and lean environments
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our core values and mantra - here for good. And if you perform well consistently, we'll give you the rewards you deserve. Are you looking for a career that can expand your horizons? We have one..