- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 19 Jan 18
API Developer Portal - QA Engineer
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Leading the way in International Banking. Standard Chartered is one of the world's most dynamic and exciting international banks. Once you have joined the team, we offer many opportunities to expand and grow your career.
Standard Chartered went live with the initial version of its external and internal API Gateway and Developer portal. The gateway is powered with its ecosystem components viz. developer portal, API publisher, OAUTH server, security etc. The portal is an essential part of an API ecosystem providing developers access to API documentation and try the API's in a sandbox environment. The portal must be secure, performant and innovative as it is the most visible component of the ecosystem and harness adoption of REST APIs.
As a QA Automation Engineer, you will be involved throughout the development lifecycle of the API ecosystem with responsibility in the quality assurance of software development and deployment with emphasis on development and implementation of test automation.
- Worked as part of cross functional, passionate agile project teams to ensure quality is driven into the heart of the development process from requirements definition through to delivery
- Designing, developing, and supporting frameworks for our test infrastructure and providing automation expertise to our development teams
- Contributing toward predictable delivery of quality releases
- Research, recommend and implement tools as needed with the goal of increasing automation
- Be meticulous about documentation and maintaining a robust log of all test cases and test results
- Ensure that all tests are executed and give regular feedback to the team lead on the status of quality
- Be a creative thinker who can quickly identify and test for functional 'edge cases' outside of expected functionality workflow.
- Have the drive to become an expert in: Unit testing, UX Testing, UI Testing, Integration testing of APIs, Performance, scalability testing and Security Penetration Testing
- In-depth working knowledge of testing techniques across functional, regression, automated, performance, security, API, UAT, usability and beta testing.
- Building automated testing frameworks - automated deployment, test setup, execution, and reporting
- Experienced in automation framework tools viz. Selenium Webdriver, Jenkins, Junit, Maven, Serenity etc.
- Experienced in performance testing and monitoring with Jmeter, Blazemeter etc.
- Established the QA processes, tools, and strategies to be used across API/ microservices based architected applications
- Automated API testing
- Managed local and cloud test environments, and web and mobile app builds and releases
If you're a bright mind with big ambitions, we'll actively encourage you to fulfil your potential. Thanks to our rich and varied international footprint, we can offer exciting opportunities working across different countries and cultures. Apply Now and take the next step in fulfilling your potential.