AVP/Senior Associate Java Cloud Developer, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology & Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
As a Java Cloud Developer you'll be part of recently formed Data plane team which builds a hybrid cloud data platform that supports dynamical data replication across different environments and leverages cloud-native technologies. Responsibilities
• Design and implement key components for highly scalable, distributed data collection and analysis system built for handling petabytes of data in the cloud and on-premises.
• Work with architects of the analytics system and help in adopting best practices in backend infrastructure and distributed computing.
• Implement core practice of Agile, leveraging cloud-native architecture patterns and using Test Driven Development, continuous integration/continuous delivery
• Continuously discover, evaluate and implement new cloud technologies to maximize analytical system performance Requirements
• 3+ years of experience in one or more areas of big data and/or cloud native application development
• Development experience in Java and pride in producing clean, maintainable code. Knowledge of reactive programming and related frameworks would be an advantage.
• Experience using AWS/GCP managed services (especially those related to data processing and data movement)
• Hands-on experience with Test Driven Development methodology
• Familiarity with operational technologies, including k8s, docker, ZooKeeper,
• Experience with Spark and different schema formats (Avro, Parquet, Carbondata)
• Experience using high-throughput, distributed message queueing systems such as Kafka.
• Familiarity with tracing/observability solutions, e.g. OpenTracing, OpenTelemetry, Zipkin
• An ability to periodically deploy systems to on-prem/cloud environments
• Mastery of key development tools such as GIT, and familiarity with collaboration tools such as Jira and Confluence or similar tools.
• Experience with distributed databases, such as Cassandra, and the key issues affecting their performance and reliability.
• Experience with SQL engines (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL)
• The ability to work with loosely defined requirements, and exercise your analytical skills to clarify questions, share your approach and build/test elegant solutions in weekly sprint/release cycles. Apply Now
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.