AVP/Senior Associate, Overseas Product Control, Group Finance
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 18 Nov 17 2017-11-18
See job description for details
Group Finance aims to deliver world-class standards in reporting, financial planning and finance processes. We provide insights and analyses that help the bank make sound business decisions – whether in the areas of product development or customer profitability. We also provide capital management, business planning, forecasting, and tax and accounting advisory services.
The bank is also a certified Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) for the Singapore Qualification Programme by the Singapore Accountancy Commission and an Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Approved Employer.
- Explain PL vis-à-vis FO business activities and market environment.
- Identify anomalies in PL data points from day-to-day control process and query FO.
- Daily PL report production, and PL attribution and analysis.
- Daily commentary on significant PL movement.
- Monitoring of New Deals, Late Deals and Market Operations.
- Review data used in Back-Testing of VaR.
- Monitoring checks on transactions done at Off Market rates.
- Exceptions monitoring on Reported PL vs Trader Estimates and breaches on threshold limits for unexplained PL attributions.
- Monitoring daily cash adjustments in FO systems and manual entries in ledger.
- Support Overseas entities desk on trade booking and PL issues.
- Reconciliation of PL between Management reporting vs General Ledger.
- Room wide and desk level Reserves computation.
- Monthly commentaries on the significant MTD PL drivers.
- Reporting of Key Risk and Performance Indicators for OVS desk.
- Banking Book PL reporting and commentary for Unrealized PL and Amortization.
- Streamline workflows to enhance operational efficiency within the team.
- Review control processes for gaps.
- Handle ad-hoc queries from Front Office, Risk Management Group, Operations and/or Group Finance.
- Actively participate in systems implementation/enhancement projects UAT testing.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Banking & Finance.
- 4 to 6 years of experience in Banking Finance, Audit or Product Control function.
- Knowledge of Treasury products and Vanilla Derivatives.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Strong team player.
- Based at Changi Business Park.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.