AVP/Snr Assoc, GroupTax, Group Finance
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 18 Mar 18 2018-03-18
See job description for details
Group Finance aims to deliver world-class standards in reporting, financial planning and finance processes. We provide insights and analyses that help the bank make sound business decisions â€" whether in the areas of product development or customer profitability. We also provide capital management, business planning, forecasting, and tax and accounting advisory services.
The bank is also a certified Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) for the Singapore Qualification Programme by the Singapore Accountancy Commission and an Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Approved Employer.
This role offers a unique opportunity to join a regionally expanding team. The person will â€" beyond a portfolio of compliance work â€" lead a number of value added projects that will have a tangible impact on DBS when completed. The individual will have the ability to learn via involvement in and interaction with stakeholders of multiple groups in DBS.
Ensure DBS Group is in compliance with statutory tax requirements and manage tax risks in accordance with Group Tax Policy and Standards to minimize tax exposures.
- Managing of ongoing corporate income tax projects in Tax R&D claims, qualifying debt securities, foreign tax credit claims, etc.
- Managing of Bank and Group tax reporting system enhancements and automation initiatives
- Other projects as and when identified
- Monitoring of the Bankâ€™s Singapore subsidiaries corporate tax returns, tax queries, tax provisions and tax reporting
- Monitoring of tax compliance controls and governance framework under the Group Tax Policy and Corporate Tax Standards
- Assist in preparation and review of corporate tax returns, provisions and projects
- Prepare/Review and coordination of the bankâ€™s Tax R&D claims, including preparation/review of project write-ups, proactive resolution of R&D project claims
- Ensure tax optimisation of the bankâ€™s foreign taxes suffered through effective managing of foreign tax credit claims and effective tax advice on cross-border tax implications on the bankâ€™s income
- Assist in corporate tax projects like R&D claims, tax incentive schemes, etc.
- Ensure compliance for DBS Ltd Singapore filing requirements
- Assist in the development and monitoring of systems-based direct tax reports / processes (e.g. corporate tax income identification process, cost recharges, tax reporting platform, etc.)
- Assist in preparation and review of the Bank and its Singapore subsidiariesâ€™ corporate tax returns and queries, tax provisions and tax reporting
- Corporate tax experience of at least 5 - 6 years experience with a Big 4 professional firm and/or commercial firms. International tax experience and/or relevant industry exposure in financial services or information technology sector will be viewed favourably
- Must possess a keen interest to learn and apply tax technical knowledge in new/alternate subject matter, projects in the area of tax R&D and tax technology initiatives
- Must possess strong communication and project management skills
- On the job training will be provided
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.