AVP/VP, Application Delivery Manager (Cash Mgmt & Trade)
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
- 22 Oct 17
AVP/VP, Application Delivery Manager (Cash Mgmt & Trade)You will be responsible for all aspects of software development for multiple Cash Management and Trade applications from functional specifications; using established methods and technologies with off-the-shelf or custom solutions delivered using a combination of internal staff, contractors and vendors.
- Directly build, manage and lead a team focused on delivering world-class, highly available system capabilities.
- Manage business stakeholders expectation and establish alternative solutions that are feasible within the technology and timeline constraints
- Define and deliver application roadmaps and technology platforms
- Review ongoing capability enhancement requests and work with capability teams to appropriately sequence the delivery of these in system roadmaps 12 to 24 months out
- Review solution design and effort estimates from the team and prioritize projects and change requests assigned to the team
- Collaborate with capability and enterprise architects to leverage enterprise standards, and drive Company's application portfolios toward a simpler, more streamlined set of platforms
- Drive adoption of methods (E.g. Agile) and industry practices to improve quality and productivity outcomes
- Own direct accountability for overall project/program delivery of your capability teams and vendors, ensuring the successful execution and delivery of projects that meet scope, timing, and cost goals
- Lead multi-vendor teams to successfully deliver solutions, manage multi-vendor teams to work amicably to support the bank's commitments
- Anticipate and resolve any development issues or risks either independently or together with the relevant stakeholders and propose alternative solutions as necessary
- Resolve issues ensuring escalation and communication to stakeholders as necessary
- Lead or contribute to cross-team improvement initiatives relating to methods, tools, people, architecture, project management and governance
- Prior IT experience implementing large scale, highly available applications or other large program implementation.
- Experience of banking projects implementation particularly in area of Transaction Banking, Cash Management and Trade.
- 8 to 10 or more years of experience gathering business needs and creating into workable outcomes
- 8 to 10 or more years experience in business process and/or technology implementation
- 5 or more years experience managing third party vendor relationships and offshore development teams to achieve business outcomes
- 5 or more years experience at a manager level or above delivering global IT capabilities for a multi-national company with annual budgetary responsibilities
- 5 or more years experience at a manager level in a multi-channel brand business environment
- Solid foundation in service-oriented technologies to be able to understand service interdependencies and drive towards technical solutions for multi-tiered systems
- Detail oriented, yet able to look at a wide array of choices & identify what truly matters
- Ability to work independently and excellent problem solving skills is a must
- Proven results-oriented person with a focus on delivery
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
- A strong and assertive communicator in speaking and writing