We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
Risk and Performance Management Department
The Risk and Performance Management Department is responsible for the independent assessment, measurement, monitoring and reporting of GIC's market, credit and operational risk profiles.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to join the Operational Risk Management team as an AVP/VP. This team is responsible for designing the corporate operational risk management framework and driving the implementation of the corporate-wide operational risk management program.
- Recommend corporate-wide operational risk policies and ensuring the consistent interpretation and implementation of these policies
- Design training programs to promote and sustain a culture of risk awareness in GIC
- Drive the corporate-wide operational risk self-assessment exercise to identify and address control weaknesses and/or gaps
- Participate in new product assessments and ensure that operational risk considerations have been adequately assessed
- Monitor and report on the corporate-wide operational risk profile to senior management and GIC's risk governance committees
- Develop dashboards and data analytics capability to meet risk analysis and reporting needs
- Participate in the implementation of systems and tools to support enterprise operational risk management initiatives
- At least 6-10 years of relevant working experience in the finance industry
- A good Degree in Finance, Business, Accountancy or related fields of study
- Strong analytical skills, sound knowledge of operational risk tools and best practices as well as good understanding of operational processes, risks and controls in the financial services industry
- Additional qualifications such as CFA, FRM and CPA will be favourably considered
- As the role requires you to work closely with line departments, you would need to demonstrate excellent people leadership skills in maintaining good business relationships within the business units and across the corporation
- Strong abilities in embracing change, communicating the need for change, and applying forward thinking in initiating process improvements and transformation
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Proficiency or aptitude in adopting data analytics, visualization or programming skills is an advantage (e.g. Tableau, SQL, Python)