We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
Data Strategy Group
Data Strategy Group (DSG) harnesses and leverages on GIC's most valuable asset - Data, to drive insights, results and solve real business challenges. We ingest, analyze and combine data with context across all industries and asset classes to enable investment decisions and enhance investment process. Together, we strive to build a high-performance enterprise data infrastructure, create results-driven approach with data products and strive to be a data-driven organization.
We are hiring an AVP/VP, Senior/Lead Data Science Engineer, and this role will play a key role in designing and building the process and pipelines to support data analytics tasks. You will work closely with the key stakeholders to identify the best algorithms and frameworks for their problems and implement the solution based on the business logic in a scalable manner.
Join us if you have a passion for data and be part of a team of forward-looking data professionals in building and developing GIC's data foundation and infrastructure. You can make a difference in our data journey to shape our world of investments. Responsibilities
- Provide thought leadership on applying data science methods (g., machine learning and data mining algorithms) in improving DSG product, management, and engineering works.
- Consult with stakeholders to determine and refine data analytics and machine learning objectives.
- Work with stakeholders to build machine learning systems and self-running artificial intelligence (AI) software to automate predictive models.
- Develop ML solution to analyze huge volumes of historical data to perform data profiling, detect data quality issues and derive business insights by combining multiple data sets.
- Run tests, perform statistical analysis, interpret test result,and create reports to be shared with stake holders.
- Monitor and enhance stability and performance of the data analysis pipelines and platforms.
- Be a good team player to work closely with the business users, data engineers and platform teams to deliver new functionalities and features based on agile practice.
- Follow the established process to adopt the tools and skills required at team or enterprise level.
- Perform knowledge sharing to the team members and coach junior member
- Bachelor's Degree, Masters or Ph.D. major in machine learning, data mining, AI or a related field with 2 years relevant working experience.
- In-depth knowledge of mathematics, statistics, and algorithms.
- Advanced proficiencyin code writing using R, Python or Java following best practice with proper documentation.
- Extensive knowledge of ML frameworks, libraries, data structures, data modeling, and software architecture.
- Expertise in data visualizing and manipulating big datasets.
- Familiarity with development environment and tools,such as, Linux, Jupyter, docker, airflow, git and Jenkins.
- Good communication skills to translate business requirements into technical requirements and specifications.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities that can work independently and work in a team.
- Excellent time management and organizational abilities to handle multiple projects in parallel.
- Prior working experience in projects focusing on data anomaly detection and NLP analysis, and/or with big data platforms such as Snowflake or Hadoop will be a plus.
- Certifications or proven hands-on experiences in software/data engineering on AWS will be a plus.