AVP – Hedge Fund Services Client Delivery
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!As part of the Fund Accounting team, each member is responsible for the overall production of the Net Asset Valuations ("NAVs") for single manager, fund of hedge fund & private equity clients in adherence to HFS client service level documents. NAVs for clients may be produced daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly according to clients' requirements. The team independently reconcile, review and report on trades, positions, cash and prices, controls general ledger postings and the final NAV review sign off process.
- Assisting with managing and supervising a team of Fund accountants by ensuring adequate training, split of workload between team members, assistance in cases of escalation and general oversight. Ensuring that all team members operate efficiently and adhere to internal procedures, ISAE 3402 II requirements and HFS best practice and policy. Accountability for team performance, efficiencies and key risk / performance indicators.
- Co-ordinating and assisting with the NAV preparation process - including review of final trial balances and all underlying portfolio information, accruals and expenses to ensure that information is up to date and complete. Analysing and reviewing movements in the NAV taking into account effects of P&L, side-pockets and hedging on share class/ series NAVs.
- Liaising with the CoE team, prime brokers and investment managers to resolve reconciliation breaks and other NAV related queries on a timely basis.
- Preparing & reviewing payments for fund fees and expenses in accordance with internal procedures.
- Monitoring the daily/ac hoc work of the team to ensure client / internal deadlines are met. Handling internal administrative tasks (e.g. KPI, KRI reporting).
- Demonstrating a very solid knowledge of the fund administration business and common practice.
- Managing client audit and due diligence reviews. Co-ordinating the funds' audit process to ensure completion of audits in accordance with agreed timeframes and timely filing of the AFS & FAR with CIMA (as applicable)
- Co-ordinating the preparation & presentation of Administrator Reports at Fund meetings as required.
- Promoting and maintaining high quality client service. Handling work with clients, fund managers and other third parties (e.g. fund auditors) on daily operational issues in an independent and professional manner). Responding to client enquiries and co-ordinating work with other internal departments.
- Providing assistance to the client support team in Hong Kong on new fund launches, fund restructuring and fund terminations, including coordinating with clients & other internal departments on review of fund documentation & execution of service agreements. Ensuring all necessary onboarding & termination procedures are followed for account openings & closings.
- Ensuring service level documents are updated and that the various operations teams are able to provide the services to clients in line with the service level documents.
- Managing regular service reviews; preparing and presenting information and service indicators (based on automated information from the Query Management System, when available), discussing with clients, agreeing actions and managing the follow up.
- Tracking the client perception of service delivery and taking action when not satisfactory.
- Communicating service changes to clients and working with them to adapt to revised service delivery set-ups.
- Providing information and assisting clients in managing service disruptions or operational outages.
- Contributing to product/service development initiatives. Evaluating processes to improve efficiency. Involvement in internal projects.
- Contribute to the development of the business's brand and reputation.
- Acting as back up to the head of HFS Singapore operations for team management matters (leave approvals, work allocation etc.) & ensuring that all BP2S Singapore guidelines are implemented within the team (e.g. relating to BCP, IT, ORPC, Compliance, HR etc).
- Fast learner and self-motivated person
- Willing to make a long term career in BNP Paribas group
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong work ethic and an ability to work as part of a team
- Good client services skills
- Good time management
- Ability to manage a team - grow, mentor, trouble shoot issues, allocate work, resolve soft issues, etc.
- Seven+ years' Fund accounting experience
- Strong understanding of Fund accounting.
- Ability to work in a challenging environment.
· Due to the global nature of the HFS Operations required working late hours with an early/late shift rotation within the team.
Specific Qualifications Required
· A relevant Bachelor degree
· An accounting qualification at minimum a Degree