- Permanent, Full time
- OCBC Bank
- 20 Oct 17
AVP, AML Governance & Training- Group Consumer Financial Services Risk & Prevention
AVP, AML Governance & Training- Group Consumer Financial Services Risk & PreventionRoles & Responsibilities:
- Keep abreast of all developments on AML and collaborate with the relevant stakeholders to adopt best industry practices
- Work with Group Regulatory Compliance Unit to establish/ re-define the AML policies and processes to ensure that these are robust to manage the AML risks
- Disseminate regulatory updates and correspondences on AML/CFT where applicable to BUs in GCFS SG
- Conduct regular training for GCFS SG staff to raise their level of awareness of AML risks and their understanding on how these risks are managed
- Assist to develop and execute annual AML Compliance Inspection Plan for GCFS SG
- Provide advisory support to business units where required.
- Update the department's Product Library where appropriate
- Complete AML related management reports within specific timeline.
- Participate actively in AML projects (at Group and business unit levels) to strengthen the AML processes to stay ahead of AML risks
- Work closely with RCU and BUs to ensure all issues highlighted by Regulator and internal/ external auditors are closed in a complete, timely and effective manner
- Degree with minimum 5 years of broad based AML/CFT experience (i.e. transaction monitoring, screening & sanctions, KYC,). Knowledge of regulations governing the consumer banking business, and consumer banking products.
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements relating to money laundering and terrorism financing
- Good leadership & interpersonal skills
- Able to analyse issues independently
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to interact effectively with people at different levels
- Experience in auditing and risk management is an added advantage