AVP, Application Development (Full Stack), Enterprise Architecture - SRE, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
- To perform architecture review and advisory for new and existing apps to increase reusability, reliability, scalability and performance.
- Assess and identify duplication of components and provide advisory for streamlining common components.
- To keep abreast with the latest technological developments and identify and recommend new opportunities and technologies to the development community.
- To work with cross functional architecture and development teams to analyse and design solutions within the bank
- Support design and development of process automation for DevOps activities.
- Support documentation of standard processes and best practices.
- Continuous Experimentation of Continuous Delivery and Testing processes and practices.
- Hands-on coding, unit testing and automated functional testing.
Java, C+ and Shell / batch scripting (Windows and Linux)
- Bachelor/master's degree in computer science or related subject
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models
- Expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and able to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies for enterprise-level application development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent will be highly desirable
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 10-15 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA professional
- Min 5 years of project management experience, with proven track record of managing large scale web/mobile applications projects globally from development to releasing the application to public
- Knowledge/hands-on experience:
Windows (VM) and Linux platform
Database skills - MS SQL Server & MariaDB
JS. Ajax, open text
Jenkins, SVN, fisheye and JIRA
Relational database e.g. MariaDB
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, collaborating, and team building
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals
- Ability to conduct research into software issues and products as required.
- Ability to work with the latest tools and techniques
- Working in highly collaborative teams and building quality environments.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, fast paced, global environment
- Knowledge in lots of different open source technologies and techniques.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.