AVP, BAU Infrastructure Lead,Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
Infrastructure BAU Lead is of an individual contributor responsible for applying skills and knowledge to perform specified support functions. As part of the team - will be responsible for supporting critical applications and ensure the stability of the applications by performing proactive maintenance activities, engage in automation activities, do root cause analysis and remediation. Knowledge of production support processes such as incident/change/problem management, call triaging, and escalation procedures.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities Key Skills :
AIX , LINUX, Wintel, Solaris, Apache, JBOSS , IBM WebSphere , IBM IHS, MQ Administration Secondary Skills :
DB Administration, Network (DNS, Firewall, GTM/LTM, VLAN).
- Expert level knowledge of different OS ( AIX , LINUX , WINTEL, Solaris ) for BAU support, upgrades & maintenance.
- Knowledge on OS Security & hardening.
- Knowledge / hands on experience on Patch Management.
- In-depth knowledge of LVM, SAN allocation & File System increase, Create new file systems in Cluster / Non-cluster environment.
- ESXi, vSphere systems administration and support including vMotion, HA, DRS, vCenter Operations Manager, vCenter Service Manager, vCenter Configuration Manager, Site Recovery Manager.
- Administering cloud-based Infrastructure deployment. Administration tasks includes provisioning/de-provisioning Of resources.
- Support audit and Infrastructure / network security scans, Disaster Recovery and security related drills.
- Capacity review & performance management across all platform systems.
- Knowledge on Middleware components such as JBOSS, APACHE, WebSphere Application server & MQ.
- Knowledge on SSL Certificate procurement process & renewals.
- Having knowledge on MariaDB, Oracle & DB2 databases Backup, DB restarts, access issues, DB Upgrade support.
- Very good understanding of SAN configuration EMC/Hitachi LUNs on UNIX (AIX/Solaris/Linux) servers.
- Mange Firewall, GTM & LTM configuration requests.
- Ability to develop simple/complex shell scripts as per requirements and for automation.
- Effective in dealing with crisis calls / critical issues for business-critical services.
- Proven experience in technically guiding teams in productivity driven environment.
- Worked in at least two of the areas of IT Infrastructure support i.e. Production Support, Application Support & infrastructure Support.
- Explore, learn and deploy new technologies that will help the company to reduce cost or improve operational efficiencies.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Working across cultures & able to work 24*7
- At least 6-8 years of working experience, preferably in banking environments
- Candidate with operational experience, preferably in support of critical application systems, will have an advantage.
- Candidate must speak and write well.
- At least 6-8 years IT experience with at least 3 years in a project deployment capacity, preferably gained in IT banking environment or a system integrator environment
- The candidate should have strong infrastructure/technical background with knowledge on Open Systems platform. Moderate information security knowledge
- Have a good understanding of ITIL & SRE processes & practices
- Have good leadership skills in working with application teams and service providers in defining infrastructure deployment plan, cutover/migration strategy and test plan.
- Able to formulae and establish infrastructure deployment standards.
- Good people management, vendor management and project management skills
- Agile, AWS certification preferred
- Able to create Bash/Python scripts for infra deployment
- Must able to practice SRE & Chaos Engineering principles
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.