AVP, Business/Data Analyst - Credit Risk, Risk Management Group
Risk Management Group (RMG) is responsible for the development and maintenance of risk management and internal control frameworks. We provide independent review and challenge to business to ensure that appropriate balance is considered in risk/return decisions. In addition, RMG is responsible for the monitoring and reporting on key risk issues of the Bank. To manage risk effectively and deliver strong financial performance, we invest significantly in our people and infrastructure.
- The Business Analyst role provides support to business and credit users and assisting users in translating business requirements into deliverables, as well as to contribute to business specific tasks in the group-wide projects undertaken by the department from initialization to post-implementation.
- The Data Analyst role provide support in collecting, cleansing, interpreting, analyzing data to identify trends and patterns to gain insights and use it for problem solving or support business opportunities via Machine Learning or Traditional methods.
- To undertake business analyst and data analyst role in selected Corporate Credit Risk related projects and BAU Business Support for business and credit users from time to time as required.
E.g. The role will work alongside Data Scientists to enhance and support an existing application using Data Analytics/ Machine Learning to predict customers which would potentially need closer monitoring. There is a project to enrich the data, build more country/ industry specific models and extend it for other use cases.
- To translate business problems into analytics use cases and recommend digital solutions to Business and Product Owners.
In the capacity of Business Analyst:
- Understand how the Credit systems work end to end.
- Understand how the internal Credit systems integrate / interact with other credit systems, product source systems and front-end workflow systems for wholesale banking relationship managers and credit risk managers.
- Define/ collate business requirements, prepare functional requirements, write User Stories and initiate User Requests (Request for Service) on behalf of the business and risk management / credit units.
- Review business process supported by the credit systems to optimize efficiency.
- Plan for test scenarios, perform pre-UAT sanity checks and co-ordinate with end-users to perform UAT.
- Conduct training for new and existing system related processes and functionality.
- Maintain business related documentation for the credit systems including requirements, user guides, Frequently Asked Questions, and ensure these are updated to the Intranet for on-going access by credit and business users.
- Perform any other business specific tasks in the project schedule including data analysis, user interviews/ surveys, maintain system configuration, preparation of user reports and Live Verification.
- Work closely with Technology support & delivery teams to ensure that user requirements are delivered successfully.
In capacity of Data Analyst:
- Understand internal DBS data and collect relevant external data
- Identify required data for project and analyze, clean-up and transform/prepare it for processing
- Obtain insights into the data and prepare clear visualization to present findings
- Using data-driven insights, make recommendations to address potential business problems or innovate to stay ahead of industry trends
- Understand the different types of data analytics and use of Machine Learning
- Degree in Banking, Commerce or Information Systems-related field with at least 5 years' relevant experience.
- More than 3 years' prior experience as business analyst and data analyst handling end to end delivery.
- Excellent people management skill.
- Able to understand and articulate business objectives, risk and dependencies.
- Good at defining and defending scope.
- Not afraid to escalate issues.
- Experience in wholesale banking / Credit risk projects preferred.
- Product knowledge and prior experience on Wholesale / Corporate Banking, Loans, Trade and Treasury and Markets preferred.
- Knowledge of credit products, risk monitoring / control processes and credit processing systems of banks preferred.
- Prior experience with Data Analytics/ Machine Learning project/ application preferred.
- Prior experience working in AGILE methodology preferred
- Prior experience with MS Access, Excel, Java Scripts, R and Phyton.
- Strong leadership, communication, presentation and analytical skills.
- Task oriented and follow through with attention to detail.
- Strong discipline to adhere to procedures and standards.
- Tolerance for ambiguity and job stress.
- Clear, analytical mind and good/ creative problem-solving skills required.
- Fast learner who can work independently with minimal guidance.
- Can prioritize work quickly.
- Maintains good relationships at all levels - junior to senior.
- Good listener.
- Able to distill IT speak into business language and vice-versa.
- Solution oriented, not problem oriented.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.