AVP, FCSS Sanctions Advisory - Investigation Team Lead, Group Legal, Compliance & Secretariat
Business Function Group Legal, Compliance & Secretariat ensures that the bank's interests are protected by zealously guarding and enhancing its reputation and capital. We also work to maintain a good standing with all our regulators, customers, and business partners. Because we believe that at the heart of business banking is to uphold the values of trust and integrity for all our stakeholders. Responsibilities Sanctions Investigation
- To lead a team of sanctions investigators in handling escalated payment and trade alerts.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the sanctions investigators to ensure transactions are released in accordance with the Bank's Economic Sanctions Standards.
- Oversee and develop alert handling process to meet new regulatory requirements from OFAC, EU, UN, MAS and other applicable regulatory requirements.
- Conduct training for Level 1 in the review of payment and trade alert handling process.
- Support in the production/preparation of relevant payment and trade alert or other sanctions metrics.
- Work with relevant stakeholders in improving screening and sanctions alert handling processes.
- Oversee Singapore CBG sanctions advisory and as the subject matter expert, provide relevant technical expertise in interpreting sanctions related issues and offer practical solutions and advisory support to address and mitigate sanctions risk for CBG.
- Provide group advisory support and oversight to the compliance colleagues at other DBS locations for a consistent interpretation and implementation of controls and processes.
- Ability to identify potential issues and address it timely with minimal supervision.
- Analyse, assess and implement appropriate Group controls and standards where new sanctions typologies are identified and is relevant to DBS footprint.
- Develop appropriate and relevant material and conduct sanctions training where required.
- Provide key updates on sanctions related matters to the respective business forums and committees.
- Support in any other ad-hoc projects or tasks as and when required from time to time.
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
- Bachelor Degree of a relevant field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in payment and trade alerts handling at Compliance level.
- Good understanding of AML and Sanctions and able to apply in the review of alerts.
- Exhibit timeliness, responsibility and is dependable in all work assigned.
- Good leadership skill.
- Pro-active and keen to learn. Must be analytical.
- Able to make basic risk decisions.
- Good communication and written skills.
- Ability to work well in a team and with minimum supervision.