AVP, Financial Consolidator - Business Analyst, Group Finance Systems, Group Finance
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 24 Sep 18 2018-09-24
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position,
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for seven consecutive years from 2009 to 2015.
Group Finance aims to deliver world-class standards in reporting, financial planning and finance processes. We provide insights and analyses that help the bank make sound business decisions – whether in the areas of product development or customer profitability. We also provide capital management, business planning, forecasting, and tax and accounting advisory services.
The bank is also a certified Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) for the Singapore Qualification Programme by the Singapore Accountancy Commission and an Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Approved Employer.
Group Finance Systems (GFS) aims to be a solid partner to the finance function and other parts of the bank that uses the various systems owned by the GFS team. Within the GFS team, there is a need for a strong Business Analyst to understand and own the transformation design of the Financial Consolidator (FC) from a business perspective.
The chosen candidate will be the “Go-to” person for all business queries on data transformation design, impact analysis of any changes to transformed data elements as well as to ensure that the overall design of the transformation conforms to the overall strategy of the organization – i.e. end to end automation / standardization / lean design etc.
The broad job accountabilities of the chosen candidate would be as follows:
- Provide oversight role to ensure that all data transformation request adhere to the established framework and principles.
- Provide support in project initiatives and major enhancements where data transformation is required, identifying opportunities to streamline and adopt lean design methodology.
- Maintain clear and detail documentation that will provide transparent in the data lineage, business rules and business owner for each transformation.
- Work with the technology partners to design and solution the transformation process and with the user community to ensure result of transformation meets the requirements.
- Established a framework and principles on the design of the transformation layer and fit for use guideline
- Established a methodology to create and maintain proper documentation of data lineage, transformation design logical sequence flow, business rules and business owner for each of the transformation
- Established a lean transformation design methodology that is sustainable and allows for quick and accurate impact analysis on any changes.
- Be the “Go-to” person for all transformation requests and ensure that all requests are properly reviewed for impact and that design is in alignment with the established design methodology and framework.
- Established a procedure to manage change request to ensure that stakeholders are informed on the changes.
- Collate, review and document all existing transformations and seek opportunities to streamline existing methodology
- Established a principle of designs for the transformation layer to define the data element that can be used as criteria for transformation, storage of transformed data, validation of fit for purpose process.
- Work closely with business user to ensure conditions for transformation are in alignment with the existing setup of FC and with technology to solution to ensure that the design meet the transformation requirement as well as the lean transformation methodology.
- Ensure that all transformation lineage is well documented and updated whenever there are changes. Documentation should include the data element used for transformation, the business logic for transformation and business owner who owns the business rules definition.
- Ensure that the business solutions being implemented are thought through from a long term, standardization and with minimal maintenance.
- Lead and drive to closure for any new or amendment transformation request arising from projects and /or user requirement process.
- Established a procedure to support user community on business queries or change request on transformed data elements.
- Accounting degree with a fundamental knowledge around banking products
- Quick learner, with positive attitude towards initiating and making change happen
- Driven/passionate, self starter, highly competent and able to work independently
- Very strong critical thinking skills which include strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team consisting of stakeholders from different areas including user community from requirements gathering and testing perspective, technology teams from a development, rollout perspective.
- Fundamental accounting knowledge around banking products
- At least 10 years of working experience in the financial services industry
- Prior experience of working in the change management space / fast-pace environment
- Prior experience of working in a banking industry would be preferred.
- Familiar with working in the financial systems space in the DBS organizational context would be an added advantage
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.