AVP, Infrastructure Engineer, Data Platform Engineering, Group Technology & Operations
Business Function Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
- Manage incident and co-ordinate activities with other technology team for incident assignment and resolution, identify root cause and corrective and improvement action, and track improvement action until closure in compliance with the bank standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively throughout the incident management with management, technical support staff, and other technologies incident team to ensure meaningful status updates are delivered in a timely and accurate manner.
- Support service quality deep dives for technology incidents, service disruptions caused by data transmissions failures, batch processing delays, erroneous code deployments, Continuity of Business failures etc.
- Providing management support in ensuring highest levels of service quality and improving service levels through identification of problem trends and causes which impact the delivery of production services
- Ability to communicate well and manage highly stressful situations over the phone. Demonstrate proven leadership qualities removing any ambiguity as to who is coordinating the incident resolution.
- Ability to coordinate and drive technical bridges during a major event, asking the right questions, and steering the support teams towards quick mitigation, work-around or resolution to limit the financial and reputational exposure.
- Conduct monthly service review meeting to review major incident and ensure agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA) are met with various business stakeholder.
- Continuity team to provide summary detail should the crisis management team be invoked
- Standby support after business hour on rotation basis.
- Review and analyze infrastructure architecture and identify the gaps.
- Perform RHEL OS patching and other administration tasks for cloud projects
- Guide app team to troubleshoot infra related issues.
- Be the SME for Linux administration and automation.
- Operation & Process - Prepares technical project plans for new initiatives in BAU
- Collaborates with Application teams and other infra teams to develop technical solutions and enhancements.
- Drive the on boarding of new applications on to the production environment.
- Maintain Security In accordance with Bank's security directives, assists to deploy, maintain, and enhance the security of all infrastructure systems through administrative, preventive, detective, and reactive controls, such as change and configuration management, anti-virus measures, patch management, and system scans.
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
- Education - Bachelors or higher degree preferably in Computer Science or IT
- Application support experience of 8+ years, preferably from a banking or Financial Institutions preferable
- Good understanding of ITIL Methodologies for Incident, Problem, Change and SRE
- Good Analytical and well versed in trend analysis
- Technical expertise on one or more of the following disciplines is preferable: Open Systems, Citrix, Wintel, Web/Application/Middleware services, IT Service Assurance or Application Development
- Good experience in scripting (Python/Shell and any other language) and simple automation is must.