AVP, Senior Data Analyst - Data Management and Analytics, GDMO
As part of the data management & analytics team, the candidate fulfilling this role gets to drive the implementation of data standards and controls to enable the effective use of data within the Bank to better support its business and customers.
The successful candidate can expect to work with a dynamic team, and is expected to:
- Perform regular review of critical data elements (CDEs), critical reports and taxonomies, through engagement with stakeholders from various functions within the Group, including senior management
- Maintain data assets within the Group to facilitate consistent understanding of definitions for critical measures and CDEs, and their aggregation to ensure accurate, consistent and comprehensive representation of data for better risk and performance management
- Independently lead project tasks as the Group embarks on further entrenching data standards and controls with other stakeholders, as part of the Group's drive towards a data-driven organisation
- Leverage on the data management tools within the Group, and championing its use through coaching of other users within the Group; on-the-job training of the tools will be provided
- Assess the state of the data quality within the Group as means of identifying potential control gaps, present findings to senior management and be part of the data remediation effort
- Be involved in enterprise-wide projects through the gathering and provision of user requirements, as well as execution of user acceptance testing (UAT) for changes to manage their impact on the data management tools and the accompanying database
- Preferred 5-9 years of related working experience in the areas of data governance, data management and data quality, of which 4 years of working experience in a banking or financial consulting environment is a must.
- General appreciation of data management and governance principles, with prior working experience in data analytics and/or MIS reporting role
- Strong team player with good communication skills and able to work with multiple stakeholders including senior managers
- Knowledgeable in RDBMS with ability to write complex SQL for data manipulation & extraction; additional experience in Python, R, etc will be viewed favorably
- Strong problem-solving skills and an ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Good knowledge in Microsoft EXCEL, Word and Powerpoint, and BI tools like Qlikview or Tableau