AVP, Senior Software Engineer Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Job Purpose
Write well-designed, testable and efficient code. Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and new technologies and presenting these for architectural review. Troubleshoot and debug to optimise performance. Architect, design, develop and deploy new features. Build efficient, reusable well-designed and high-quality systems. Enhance communication and interpersonal skills by interacting with senior technical and management personnel. Key Accountabilities
- Work with Technical architect to design & develop various components of the technology platform
- Lead a team of developers guiding them on the technical implementations and directions for the day to day queries / technical bottlenecks. Should be the person to go for any technical blockers for resolutions
- Work effectively with cross functional teams including product management to translate requirements to code, with test teams to troubleshoot, isolate issues and provide root cause, ensuring that the software developed is of the highest quality
- Take end to end technical ownership of modules, develop and deliver production code
- Take responsibility for feature-focused unit and system testing
- Contribute to performance and load testing procedures and issue remediation.
- Should enforce test-driven development
- Participate in architecture and design reviews
- Conduct code reviews, coverage & resolve bottlenecks
- Ensure highest quality deliverables while adopting agile development practices Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with Testing, Project Management and Users to foster a team environment.
- Manage best in class service quality and manage SLA/OLAs accordingly.
- Partner with Technical Project Management in the development of project plans, status communications, and the management of development software solutions. - Monitor quality risks and escalate, as required
- Leading a team of full stack software developers
- Hands On in developing Full Stack Web Front End and Bank end applications
- Developing coding standards, and best practices for the team
- Promoting and maintaining high coding quality standards throughout the team
- Own systems and/or applications in terms of being fully accountable for the efficient, quality, and effective implementation of the relevant technology / roadmap
- Participate in discussion with business stake holders/business analyst and understand the requirements.
- Ensure compliance to solution architectural design in the implementation of projects
- Ensure all relevant stakeholders are engaged - coordinate with relevant parties for planning to ensure smooth delivery of projects
- Close interaction with application design to maximize reuse of software components
- Ability to understand and challenge estimations and proposed delivery timelines
- Encourage a 'right first time' culture and implement processes to cultivate this
- Able to take accountability and confident at driving actions through to resolution
Tech Skill Sets:
- The successful candidate will have minimum 5 years of relevant working experience. Preferred experience in banking industry and knowledge of the different product types.
- Possess a Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of hands-on programming experience
- Have at least 3+ years of Leadership experience in Full Stack Engineering
- Technical acumen with significant prior experience with development technologies; keeping pace with technical innovation (ideally Java/J2EE, Microservices, AWS, Angular, ReactJS)
- Very Strong Object-oriented Analysis & Design (OOAD) skills
- Good knowledge of agile software development, Domain Driven Design, Test Driven development, CI/CD
- Strong knowledge and application of Design patterns, data structures and algorithms concepts
- Solid experience in design and development of RESTful Web Services
- Experience with designing both relational (Oracle, MySQL) and non-relational databases and optimizing database structure for performance and/or maintainability and the ability to design and optimize queries
- Hands on experience and understanding of web application servers and containers
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and relationship skills, adept at managing a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience in people management and coaching to achieve a high performing team would be an advantage
- Experience in managing a remote team would be an advantage
- Possess a high sense of quality and polish and pride in the work you deliver
- Experience with multiple architectures, cloud projects and complex projects.
Tech Skills Preferred:
- Java, J2EE, Hibernate, Spring Boot - Microservices, Dependency Injection
- Junit / Spock - Unit and Integration Testing
- Load and Stress Testing frameworks
- Maven, Gradle / Ansible - Build and Deploy
- Jenkins - Continuous Integration and Build Automation
- Aws/ Google Cloud - Hosting and Scaling
- Git/SVN - Source Code Control and Code Reviews
- Experience working with Databases
- Security best practices
- Experience with Profiling Java and Performance Tuning code and applications
- Experienced in AWS cloud stack
- Experience with distributed micro-service design principles, service-oriented architectures
- Experience in containerised development like Docker
- Experience in Shell Scripting
- Strong working knowledge of SDLC & Agile practices and procedures
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent activities and projects
- Ability to work along with team distributed across geographies
- Able to articulate well on solution(s)
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.