AVP, Software Engineer (GAPI), Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
- Participate in requirement, design, implementation, testing and support of custom banking solutions, which include features enhancements, new functionalities, and back-end systems integration.
- Define and manage resource plan together with the Project Manager aligning to the project schedule
- Plan and drive the project's technical execution to achieve the committed scope and timeline.
- Monitor and report technical execution progress as well as all technical issues, risk or mitigation plan in a timely manner.
- Collaboration with customers to prepare technical specifications.
- Interact with subject matter experts (functional & technical) to understand business requirements and technology architecture of the applications accordingly
- Assist in estimation of efforts and timescales for tasks delegated to the team.
- Provide technical guidance and lead/develop team members
- Responsible for forward resource management, team building and staff career growth
- At least 5 years of working experience in Java EE development (preferably in financial industry) with at least 1 year working experience as a Technical / Project Lead.
- Ability to lead and co-ordinate multi-teams not limited to within the organization but also including customer, third party etc.
- Understand design documentation standards such as Unified Modeling Language.
- Experience in various Java EE frameworks and design patterns. Preferably on Micro services architecture.
- Exposure in Java MVC frameworks such as Spring Boot.
- Involved in implementing applications leverages on various Java EE services including but not limited to Enterprise Java Bean, Java Database Connectivity, and Java Messaging Services.
- Individual that is able to learn new knowledge independently & able to apply the knowledge to the task.
- Working experience on Docker, Kubernetes, Spring Boot, open source RDBMS, NoSQL, Event oriented system is a plus.
- Good verbal and written communication in English, technical, analytical, troubleshooting and consultative skills.
- Ability to cope with tight deadlines and adhere to the delivery plan
- Graduate in computers or Engineering from a reputed university
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.