AVP, Strategic Cost Management & Digital Value Capture, Group Finance
Group Finance aims to deliver world-class standards in reporting, financial planning and finance processes. We provide insights and analyses that help the bank make sound business decisions - whether in the areas of product development or customer profitability. We also provide capital management, business planning, forecasting, and tax and accounting advisory services.
The bank is also a certified Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) for the Singapore Qualification Programme by the Singapore Accountancy Commission and an Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Approved Employer.
DBS has won many accolades during the past 10 year including being named the Best Bank in the World in 2018 by Global Finance and World's Best Bank in 2019 by Euromoney. Group finance has contributed in this journey by 1) Delivering Core Finance to create efficiencies, 2) Driving Business Agility and Impact to create capacity and insights and 3) Steering Organization Resources to create value.
Strategic Cost Management (SCM) function falls under the "Driving Business Agility and Impact" pillar and helps DBS looks for new ways to create value, deliver non-linear cost growth and create further headroom for investment without compromising organizational capabilities. SCM function is responsible for driving the SCM agenda for the Group by owning the overall methodology for benefit tracking, managing program performance and related reporting, leading / driving cost analytics and working with units to identify and quantify opportunities
We are looking for a capable and highly motivated individual who is a team player, can work with a diverse range of stakeholders to help deliver SCM results. Responsibilities
- Drive progress for Strategic Cost Management (SCM) outcomes, focusing on specific BU/SU areas.
- Support development of relevant frameworks to identify, track and support business case quantification.
- Assist with developing Steering Committee/Management presentations and content.
- Support / drive analyses and assist stakeholders in the identification and quantification of SCM opportunities and where required assisting with driving SCM outcomes (including planning delivery).
- Executive office reporting on goals/financials and business updates as required and preparation of materials for strategic discussions on SCM.
- Engage stakeholders on the topic of drive strategic cost management and help prepare senior stakeholders for strategic reviews
- Lead program management capability
- Drive communications. Support development and execution of SCM communications strategy for a broad set of internal stakeholders.
- Drive data collection, model development and analysis across own and virtual teams in prioritized areas
- Work with Technology team using agile approach to continuously improve dashboard capabilities
- Analyze data and recommend opportunities to help drive cost management across the bank
- Lead / drive programs / workstreams / projects as prioritised
- Research market benchmarks, industry best practices and other relevant data.
- Degree holder in Finance or any related field with at least 5-6 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in or willingness and ability to quickly learn diagnostic analysis, business transformation, organizational improvement, reengineering program and project management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team player with keen analytical skills and attention to details.
- Ability to resolve issues between disparate stakeholders.
- Ability to operate independently, collaborating with senior colleagues to drive outcomes.
- Able to work under pressure and interested in developing a career in a dynamic banking environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Plus, to have Python/ Tableau skills
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.