AVP, Technology Platform Controller, Group Finance
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 21 Apr 18 2018-04-21
See job description for details
Group Finance aims to deliver world-class standards in reporting, financial planning and finance processes. We provide insights and analyses that help the bank make sound business decisions â€" whether in the areas of product development or customer profitability. We also provide capital management, business planning, forecasting, and tax and accounting advisory services.
The bank is also a certified Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) for the Singapore Qualification Programme by the Singapore Accountancy Commission and an Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Approved Employer.
Reporting to the Technology Finance Vice President, you will support the VP in managing the Technology function(s) relationship with key stakeholders across the group and locations. As a trusted business partner and conduit between Technology function and Business Unit Controllers, you will pro-actively identify business challenges faced by Technology function, propose â€fit for purposeâ€™ solutions and provide transparency to key stakeholders. You will also be supporting CBG Business, Core engine and Analytics Platform in the following:
- Provide timely and accurate monthly financial performance analysis, budgeting and forecasting.
- Review monthly balance sheet aging.
- Perform month-end flash review.
- Ensure recovering of resources are timely and accurate.
- Review contracts and outsourcing of services, ensuring alignment to DBS standard.
- Review IT initiatives, ensuring alignment to DBS governance.
- Review and validate cost savings.
- Provide allocation details to CBG Business.
- Any other ad hoc requests.
- Degree qualified in Accounting & Finance or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant banking experience.
- Strong understanding of finance and technology processes across functions/departments in the bank.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and process design skills. Ability to translate analysis into actions that meet business objectives.
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills. Strategic, forward-thinking, solutions-focused and thrive in ambiguity.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.