AVP / Manager, Investment Analyst, Group Venture Management
Posting Date: 07-Oct-2020
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: UOB Venture Management Pte Ltd About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department UOB Venture Management
is a leading private equity firm that manages a family of funds in excess of S$1 billion. Through our headquarters in Singapore, and our offices in Shanghai and Jakarta, we provide financing to unlisted companies via direct equity investments. These cover early-stage, expansion and pre-IPO companies in China and the ASEAN region. We also invest in socially responsible high-growth companies that play a part in helping to improve the living standards of communities in Southeast Asia and China. Job Responsibilities
Candidates will be expected to support the activities of a Southeast Asia Healthcare Fund, with the mandate to incubate and invest in companies in the healthcare sector in Southeast Asia, offering drugs, devise, diagnosis tools or services for the Southeast Asia market, or to offer Southeast Asia innovations for the global market, as appropriate.
- Conduct fundamental research including analysing financial data, public records of companies and developing financial models for forecasting and valuation purposes
- Monitor and conduct regular sector research to keep appraised of updated trends and market news/information.
- Prepare investment papers, monthly/quarterly/annual investor reporting (investment performance analysis)
- Monitor and report on activities and disruptive technologies trends within the start-up accelerators and technology incubation industry
- Support other operational activities as required
Be a part of UOB Family
- University degree in Biotechnology, Biomedical Science, Immunology, or related subjects with 3-5 years of working experience, preferably in investment banking handling healthcare sector and based in Singapore
- Demonstrated analytical ability, with business acumen and basic investment knowledge
- Familiarity with financial modeling or financial knowledge is a plus
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English; proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia or Malay or Mandarin is a plus
- A self-starter and fast learner who is able to multi-task, is resourceful and able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Good report writing, verbal, and presentation skills
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.