AVP / Senior Associate, Application Development Lead (API), Institutional Banking Group Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
- Formulate, design and develop software solutions based on business requirements and application roadmap in alignment with architectural direction and standards
- Develop and direct software system design, programming, and documentation
- Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
- Ensure that designs are performant, scalable, resilient and align to appropriate recoverability pattern
- Provide technical insight into feasibility analysis and may execute proof of concepts
- Responsible for providing technical leadership, mentoring, direction, and training to application development resources
- Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high levels of quality for the team
- Responsible for ensuring adherence of all deliverables to appropriate standards and quality levels
- Participate in gathering technical requirements including non-functional requirements per project, system or application
- Design and develop automations on systems which help to create error prone application.
- Experience working with relational Databases ORACLE, Mariadb, SQL query.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Ability of Code optimization and in-depth analysis of complex logics.
- In addition to the development experience, experience with Test automation is a plus.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or a related subject
- Domain knowledge in Trade Finance, Custody, Loans and Treasury Management.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred
- Experience in developing JSON, SOAP web service, SCP, Connect Direct, Message Queues
- Experience in JBoss configuration and setup.
- Experience in microservices, API Gateway, load balancing, docker, elastic search, load balancing.
- In depth knowledge of tools i.e Postman, SoapUI, Jmeter will be desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, collaborating, and team building
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals.
- Experience in solution architecture.
- Experience in application security implementation with LDAP, Kerberos and JWT authentication.
- Prior experience working in Financial/Banking Industry.
- Experience in DevOps, Agile environment and Tools (such as JIRA, Confluence, Selenium, Jenkins, JUnit etc.)
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.