AVP / Senior Associate, Business Analyst, Group Finance
Group Finance aims to deliver world-class standards in reporting, financial planning and finance processes. We provide insights and analyses that help the bank make sound business decisions - whether in the areas of product development or customer profitability. We also provide capital management, business planning, forecasting, and tax and accounting advisory services.
Since 2014, Group Finance has embarked on a major transformation program (Group Finance Architecture Program, (GFAP) to uplift our end-to-end finance capability, upgrade our Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) platform, automate our regulatory reporting and build up our analytics capability.
In 2017, under GFAP, a new stream of work has commenced to review and improve our cost allocation methodology and processes across the bank. The objective of this program is to develop the framework, processes and associated management tools for deeper, actionable insights on our costs to with a significant level of granularity and transparency.
The delivery of this complex program requires simulating the results using a prototype model. This work requires a very capable and highly motivated Business Analyst to own, develop and enhance the prototype model, as well as customise it as required for rollout of the new cost allocation design to other countries. Responsibilities
The role sits within Group Finance and involves
- Conducting data analyses to assist business insights generation
- Understanding business requirements in cost management through close engagement with business teams
- Translating business requirements into Python coding
- Delivering a Python data model, including continually enhancement/ re-factoring of the model to ensure optimal performance
- Documenting the cost model for transparency and business continuity
- Minimum 4 years of work experience
- Excellent Python and MS Excel skills a must
- Experience in business analytics/ banking preferred - we are seeking a candidate with business acumen beyond just coding/ developer abilities
- Experience in Asian markets, especially Singapore preferred
- AI/ machine learning capabilities good to have
- Reputable undergraduate degree with honours
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.